AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD electrical and ARC FLASH documentation

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
1129 Views, 1 Reply

AutoCAD electrical and ARC FLASH documentation

Hello All!
My company is getting ready to pursue ARC FLASH documentation. We currently have AUTOCAD Electrical. I was just wondering if anybody out here has experience with ARC FLASH in terms of drawing with AUTOCAD Electrical. Is AutoCAD electrical the best product for this? I seam to think that it would be just as easy to do single lines in regular AutoCAD. However we are a very large plant. Im just trying to come up with a good plan, down the RIGHT path for this type of a project. Thanks! If anyone has drawing examples or drawing packages they can send me to use as examples I would greatly appreciate it!
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
hanchris
in reply to: Anonymous

We are doing the same thing with Arc Flash documentation and no I do not think AutoCAD: Electrical does anything with Arc flash documentation. They seem to be just getting to the wire size checking, so it will probably take many more versions before AutoCAD: Electrical can do anything to do with Arc Flash.

We use a program from SKM called Power Tools for Windows; but I have also heard of a program called ETAP. SKM is very expensive. I think ETAP is a little more reasonable.

When it comes to arc flash documentation related questions I find forums like [this|http://arcflashforum.com/] helpful and good luck it is a long process; but in this environment that means job security...doesn't it? :o)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost