AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rotation of Source and Destination Arrow Attributes

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
849 Views, 2 Replies

Rotation of Source and Destination Arrow Attributes

Hello,

I am trying to use the source and destination arrows in ACADE, but I am encountering a problem. I am using the third signal arrow style, and using the sheet and reference numbers to reference the drawing and location of the other arrow. The problem comes when I place a source or destination arrow on a vertical wire. ACADE rotates the sheet and reference numbers so they are facing left when I want them to face down. If I use the rotate attribute command, it just rotates the attribute in place and not around the center of the arrow like I need it to. Is there any way to fix this without rotating and moving each individual attribute every time?

Thanks,

Riley

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Here is a screenshot.

Message 3 of 3
jseefdrumr
in reply to: Anonymous

If this is something that you will always do - rotate the text on vertical signal arrows - then you can edit the block files themselves so that the text just comes in already set up in the proper rotation and location. There are a few steps to this.
1. Identify the name(s) of the offending block(s). You can do this by opening PROPERTIES and clicking on a signal/destination arrow. The block name will be listed in the PROPERTIES palette.
2. Go find those blocks, open them, and edit them. When moving the attributes, be sure to remember not to put them in an area where there might be a wire or some other object later. Save and return to your drawing.
3. Use the Swap/Update Block tool and update the signal and destination blocks.
4. Update your signal references...this tool is found at Schematic>Edit Wires/Wire Numbers>Update Signal References.

Post back if you need specific help on any of those steps.
Hope this helps,
Jim

Jim Seefeldt
Electrical Engineering Technician

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost