AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project Based Logo

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
stevenhcox001
420 Views, 4 Replies

Project Based Logo

Hi all,

I am a new use to ACE and I am putting together a title block.  I want to use the same title block for multiple clients.  Is there a way to replace the client logo based on a Project level attribute?

I know I can just do multiple templates but what fun would that be. :).

Thanks, Steven

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
testsubject
in reply to: stevenhcox001

You do not have to use multiple templates but might need to have a separate title block for each customer.

Assuming you create the titleblock with all the attributes you need you can use Swap/Update block on the titleblock project wide and it will change all the titleblocks to the new titleblock.

Bob Hanrahan
Ace User since 1998
If this answered your question, please click on "Accept Solution"
Message 3 of 5
jseefdrumr
in reply to: testsubject

I like Bob's answer, because I already do it that way lol. It's probably the easiest workflow for handling title blocks that need to be different per customer.

Jim Seefeldt
Electrical Engineering Technician

Message 4 of 5
rhesusminus
in reply to: jseefdrumr

But that wasn't the FUN way! 😄

You can try XREF. Create different logo files, all named "customerlogo.dwg", and place the correct file in the project folder. Then xref it into your drawing template in the correct location.

Now, you can just copy the correct customerlogo.dwg to the project folder when it needs to be changed.

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 5 of 5
stevenhcox001
in reply to: rhesusminus

Thanks @testsubject , @jseefdrumr , & @rhesusminus for the thoughts.

I like the idea of XREF's but I have found when dwg files get sent to others it never seems to get there in tact.

Swap/Update block does make it easy to change the title block.

Thanks for the help,

Steven

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost