AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PDF Differences between Plot and Plot Project

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
adam.harveyLGJP2
370 Views, 3 Replies

PDF Differences between Plot and Plot Project

Hi all,

I've searched for this, but can't seem to find the answer.  Hopefully it's not a repeat.

I've been using ACADE 2013 for years, and recently just updated to 2022.  I'm having difficulty getting my "Plot Project" PDFs to come out 'correctly'.  I'm using Windows 10, AutoCAD Electrical 19.0.57.0

This is what the title block looks like in AutoCAD Electrical.. (I've redacted some text, but notice the text is legible and "filled in"...)

2021-07-08_11-04-12.jpg

And this is what it looks like when I do a single sheet Plot/Print (Ctrl-P)...

2021-07-08_11-04-22.jpg

Here are the plot settings for that:

2021-07-08_11-18-03.jpg

And here is what it looks like when I 'plot Project'..

2021-07-08_11-04-32.jpg

..the letter/font is 'hollow'...  and weirdly "bolded"..  For instance the beginning of the file name (vertical), "users" is barely legible.

Here are the setting for the plot project:

2021-07-08_11-21-14.jpg

I can't detect a difference in settings that would produce this.  I'm using the same monochrome plot style for both...

Can anyone help with this?

I've looked at post regarding the PDFSHXFONT switch, and the AEPDFFONTALT switch, but these two settings were the same (unchanged) for the above plots?  So one come out good when I plot a single sheet, but differently when I plot project?  I must be missing something else?

Thanks

Adam

Tags (3)
Labels (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Are you using the exact same PC3 file for those two?

Is this PC3 file copied from you 2013 installation? If so, can you recreate the PC3 file?

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 3 of 4

Hi @rhesusminus,  

Thanks for responding.

Yes, both using the same PC3 file.. (AutoCAD PDF (Smallest File).pc3)...  I haven't tried copying the PC3 from the old installation yet, because there seems to be a discrepancy when just using this one PC3 file.  I mean, when I single sheet plot (Ctrl-P), it comes out fine...  but when I 'Plot Project' it doesn't.  So it seems the PC3 file is capable of producing a good PDF under one circumstance.  It seems to be a setting unique to 'plot project', or vice versus.

Here is a side by side from just now when I CONFIRMED they are both using the same PC3:

2021-07-09_11-07-59.jpg

Adam

Message 4 of 4

Ok!

I was playing with something I thought I had already eliminated...  I changed 'Remove Hidden', from Yes, to default in the plot config options. 

2021-07-09_11-26-12.jpg

Before when I was playing with this, if this option was default, I got all the "little boxes" around everything...  But now...  the PDF looks good...  filled in fonts, and no boxes?  hmmm...

Latest looks good:

2021-07-09_11-29-12.jpg

Thanks

Adam

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost