AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No ".wdt" file or WD_TB attribute found. Run the AutoCAD Electrical Title Block Setup Wizard.

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
vwb483
321 Views, 5 Replies

No ".wdt" file or WD_TB attribute found. Run the AutoCAD Electrical Title Block Setup Wizard.

I am aware that there is another post with this same title, but it doesn't solve my issue. 

I am making a template and I have done the following:

1. Draw title block in model space. 
  2. Make a template project.
  3. Make the PROJECTNAME_wdtitle.wdl file and fill its info.
  4. Do Title Block Setup using method 2.
  5. Assign all my attributes, either to project values or drawing values.
  6. Save title block as .dwg.
  7. Open a blank .dwt.
  8. Insert title block.
  9. Use Block Editor to add visibility sets to some parts of the titleblock (but never causing the wd_tb attribute to be invisible.
  10. Finish adding to my template.
  11. Save as .dwt.

Then, I create a new project and add new drawing with the new template and the error comes up. I've worked on this for many hours, restarting the process entirely several times. The drawing appears to function normally and I am able to do title block updates. I just want this error to go away.

Thanks.

Labels (3)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
galashkina
in reply to: vwb483

Message 3 of 6
galashkina

After configuring title block, you need to create a block of attributes, including wd_tb.

And save the file in dwt format (drawing template).

When creating a new drawing, the drawing template is loaded.

The program finds a block and attribute wd_tb, which specifies other attributes and their correspondence to the project data.

galashkina_0-1693393744317.png

Message 4 of 6
vwb483
in reply to: galashkina

I have done all of these things several times, but to no avail.

Message 5 of 6
vwb483

After turning on my computer this morning, I opened the template and deleted the title block. Then, I purged it and inserted it again. I added the visibility set again and saved the file. The error doesn't appear anymore. It's very bothersome that this problem seems to be fixed and I don't know what caused that. 

Message 6 of 6
galashkina

@vwb483  написал (-а):

Then, I purged it and inserted it again. I added the visibility set again and saved the file. 

Perhaps this is the solution. It was necessary to clear the drawing of old blocks.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost