AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insert PLC (Full Units) .dwg files not found

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
brent_e_barbour
1475 Views, 11 Replies

Insert PLC (Full Units) .dwg files not found

I’m new at AutoCAD Electrical. I click on “Insert PLC (Full Units)”, click on “AB 1761 MicroLogix (16 spacing)”, click on “L16-AWA 10in/6out AC-DC/115AC-DC” icon, and then I get an error “File not found: PLCIO160M1761-L16AWA.dwg” and shows all the search paths underneath. My first thought is perhaps the file is outside of the search paths so I search my entire hard drive and also the network drive. I can’t find that file anywhere. I randomly select other PLC I/O Fixed Units. Everyone I select, I get the “File not found” error. I double checked my AutoCAD Electrical install and the AB library is loaded, but I guess if it wasn’t, I wouldn’t see in in the “Insert Component” menu in the first place.

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
TRLitsey
in reply to: brent_e_barbour

Hi there,

I don't think you will find that file name.  PLC modules are typically built by piece.  Which is to say if you want a 4 point input module it has a top, the middle inputs, and a bottom.  Those pieces are called on and assemble with an ACE routine.  So if you want a 16 point module ACE will call the same top piece, 16 input pieces, and a bottom piece, assemble them all to be one block in your drawing.

But on a standard install you should have the AB components.  Is this a new install?  What Rev are you at and what OS are you on?  With ACE 2017 the attached is what your I/O module looks like.

Good luck

Please mark as a solution if this works for you, kudos are always welcome
Message 3 of 12
brent_e_barbour
in reply to: TRLitsey

OS is Windows 7, 64 bit

AutoCAD Electrical 2018

I installed this a few weeks ago.  I didn't include the AB library with the initial install.  However, I'm going through a tutorial that uses the AB library so I added it though the control panel "Uninstall or change a program" utility.  After that, everything seemed to be working okay until I got to the "Insert PLC (Full Units)" command in chapter 8.

Message 4 of 12
brent_e_barbour
in reply to: TRLitsey

OS is Windows 7, 64 bit

AutoCAD Electrical 2018

I installed this a few weeks ago.  I didn't include the AB library with the initial install.  However, I'm going through a tutorial that uses the AB library so I added it though the control panel "Uninstall or change a program" utility.  After that, everything seemed to be working okay until I got to the "Insert PLC (Full Units)" command in chapter 8.

Tags (1)
Message 5 of 12
TRLitsey
in reply to: brent_e_barbour

Hi again,

Just for fun, what happens if you use the Parametric Selection too?

Good luck

Screenshot - 6_23_2017 , 1_07_48 PM.png

Screenshot - 6_23_2017 , 1_08_35 PM.png

Please mark as a solution if this works for you, kudos are always welcome
Message 6 of 12

For some reason, I can only find those PLC-symbols in the JIS2, IEEE, IEC2, IEC4, IEC-60617, AS2 and GB2 libraries. Not in the JIC libraries.

Not sure why it is so... Maybe @PatMurnen_Adsk know why?

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 7 of 12

Hi,

Is there some mismatch in the schematic icon menu that you are using and the library sets that you installed? The PLC fixed units that are on each schematic icon menu are installed if you install that matching library set. So you might need to go back and install the appropriate library (IEC60617, IEEE, etc.) similar to how you went back and installed the AB manufacturing data. See the Help topic -

http://help.autodesk.com/view/ACAD_E/2018/ENU/?guid=GUID-F1051134-4F76-4FC6-AF83-F858AA1224D4

As far as why these modules are not in the JIC libraries, that I am not sure about. I can ask the team to see if anyone knows. These libraries have been around for a while so I can't say for sure if I will get an answer.

Regards,

Pat Murnen

Pat Murnen
Principal Content Developer
Product Development – AutoCAD Product Line Group

Autodesk, Inc.

Message 8 of 12

TRLitsey,

The Parametric PLC seems to work find. I made it through those tutorials with no problems. Now, I’m on the Full Units PLC tutorials.

Murnenp,

I when back and loaded all of the libraries and all of the standard. In fact, I even uninstalled and reinstalled AutoCAD Electrical just to be thorough. I’m still getting the error. See attached.

Message 9 of 12

TRLitsey,

The Parametric PLC seems to work find. I made it through those tutorials with no problems. Now, I’m on the Full Units PLC tutorials.

Murnenp,

I when back and loaded all of the libraries and all of the standard. In fact, I even uninstalled and reinstalled AutoCAD Electrical just to be thorough. I’m still getting the error. See attached.

Tags (1)
Message 10 of 12

Hi,

I am not sure what tutorials you are doing so I can't say exactly where the steps are wrong but looking at the images you posted I can see that you are using the IEC60617 schematic icon menu but your project is set up for JIC125 library path. So, if the tutorial is directing you to specifically insert this full unit I think you need to do 2 things.

1. Make sure the IEC-60617 library is installed. Look under c:\users\public\documents\Autodesk\{release}\Libs and see if there is an iec-60617 folder. If not follow the steps in the Help topic, http://help.autodesk.com/view/ACAD_E/2018/ENU/?guid=GUID-F1051134-4F76-4FC6-AF83-F858AA1224D4 and make sure to select the IEC60617 library (I can't remember the exact label for it but it isn't the older IEC2 or IEC4 libraries).

2. Make sure your project paths are set for this library once it is installed. Right-click the project name on Project Manager and select Properties. On the Files tab change the Schematic Libraries paths that currently have jic125 to (you can look at the IEC60617DEMO project to see what they should be):

• C:/users/public/documents/autodesk/acade {version}/Libs/iec-60617/
  • C:/users/public/documents/autodesk/acade {version}/Libs/iec-60617/1-/

Hope this helps,

Pat Murnen

Pat Murnen
Principal Content Developer
Product Development – AutoCAD Product Line Group

Autodesk, Inc.

Message 11 of 12
219Ec3483
in reply to: PatMurnen_Adsk

I have a similar issue and followed your steps. But, still facing it. I just don't have JIC125 here. I have attached the screenshot with this.autocad error 2.JPG

Message 12 of 12

According to your screenshot, you are running AutoCAD Electrical 2022, with your project set up to use the AutoCAD Electrical 2015 symbol libraries. Maybe fix that first?
Have a look here:

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad-electrical/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarti...

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost