AutoCAD Architecture Customization
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Customization Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture Customization topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wall endcaps

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
820 Views, 4 Replies

Wall endcaps

Hello people

Could someone help me on how I can make an endcap in wall to behave this way attached?

I need the endcap stay this way.

Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
David_W_Koch
in reply to: Anonymous

You do not mention what version you are using.  From your image, I am assuming that you want the finish layer on the wider Wall to wrap the end of the core of the wider Wall and clean up with the finish layer on the narrower Walls, all of which align on the far side.  ACA Walls have never cleaned up automatically in that condition (assuming there is no perpendicular wall at the change in stud depth).  I am curious as to why your image does not show the Solution Tips (dark yellow triangles with an exclamation point) indicating that cleanup has failed, but perhaps you have turned them off.

Prior to ACA 2010, it was possible to "fake" Wall cleanup in such cases, with some gymnastics using open-ended endcaps that project beyond the end of the Walls, allowing them to look like they cleaned up while actually preventing cleanup.

For ACA 2010 and later, you can use the Wall Edit Cleanup in Place feature and, with a few grip edits, get the Wall Components to run where you want and cleanup the way you want.  This blog article shows how to do so in ACA 2010.  The feature remains the same, more or less (Fillet and Chamfer tools were made available during Wall Cleanup Edit in Place in the 2011 release, and the grip editing was tweaked by adding context menus for the different states); the Screencast embedded below shows the process in a situation similar to your image, in the 2015 release.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: David_W_Koch

Hello David,

First.

Many thanks for the tutorial, thank you very much for your attention.

I am very grateful for that.

My version is 2014, and in fact did not do the same as you explained.

It is because the version of CAD?

David, changing the subject;

I need to make a door like the door attached in this dynamic block.

What better way?

API?

You have an example of door style in API?

Many thanks David, I owe you.

I need more Door Style.JPG

Message 4 of 5
David_W_Koch
in reply to: Anonymous

2014 is capable of doing everything I showed in 2015.  In your base2.dwg file, you had flipped the orientation of alternating Walls, so the thinner Walls were not cleaning up with the thicker ones.  You cannot edit cleanup in place if no cleanup is taking place.  I flipped the Walls back and edited the cleanup in place in a few locations (in ACA 2014) to show you it can be done.

I am not certain exactly what you are trying to achieve with the Door Style.  You appear to have been able to use custom display blocks to add some of the additional graphics shown in your old AutoCAD block.  You should be able to add more to get close to the graphics you want.  You will have to turn off the default frame component, and replace it with a custom block, to get the notch that received the door panel.  You will need a custom block to add the red rectangle (closed door panel, or threshold strip?).  I am not sure if you can get a hatch pattern to be part of a custom block, as I have never tried to do that.

I can tell you that you cannot create your own Door Types.  Those are hard-wired in the program.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: David_W_Koch

David,

Thank you very much

Already helped me a lot.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost