AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wall cleanup between Xref's

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
Anonymous
1484 Views, 9 Replies

Wall cleanup between Xref's

I have Xrefed my existing base file into a sheet file (file where i deimnsion and note), Xrefed the new base file over it (i.e. two xrefs). In the sheet the Xrefs do not cleanup walls between each other. However, In each respective base file walls clean up (i.e. new walls cleanup over the existing base file xref within the new base file). I have the wall cleanup group definition under Style Manager set to cleanup walls between host and xref. What Im wondering is if this does not work between two xrefs, only objects in the base file and an xref? Not sure what Im missing. Any assistance would be great. Thanks!
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Wall cleanup works between xrefs as well as between a host and xref. Check
to make sure that the cleanup group has the correct setting in all of the
files. If that doesn't address the problem, can you post a set of drawings
here that demonstrate this?

Thanks,

Bill Glennie
AutoCAD Architecture team
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous

Yes, I have made sure...well pretty sure 🙂 Please see attached. I bubbled where I am having diffuculties. Thanks.
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous

Still having issues, no help as of yet...anyone have any ideas?
Message 5 of 10
sam.chan

Hi,
I opened the drawing, switched the display configuration to 'Diagnostic' (This helps to represent the wall in justification line mode. You can do similar thing by select a wall --> right click-->Cleanups-->Toggle Wall Justification Display. This is sometimes helpful to analyse the Cleanup issue ) It appears the justification lines are not connected in those wall joints. After they are connected the cleanup issue seems to go away.

I hope this helps.
Thanks,
sam
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous

Thanks for the help. Any way you could repost with the corrected drawing file so I could see what you did? Thanks.
Message 7 of 10
sam.chan

Sure. Which version of ACA are you using?
Thanks,
Sam
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous

Thanks, that would help a lot to clairify. I am using ACAD Architecture 2008.
Message 9 of 10
sam.chan

Sorry for taking long to reply. Attached please find images and modified dwg for your reference. I turn off the hatch and turn on the wall justification line display here for clarity. Note that in original files I received, not all the joints currently have wall merge applied (see NEW-FP-THIRD_turnOnJustificationDisplay.png)
This might be one reason why this joint appears to have a cleanup failure.

The joint here is a bit tricky because I cannot use Cleanup Radius adjustment alone to fix the Cleanup issue, so besides using wall merge the wall cleanup joint can be handled by editing justification, if keeping justification edge on specific side is not critical, I made an example in attached DWG. The upper right joint is done by using Edit Justification Line command (select a wall-->Right Click-->Edit Justification. Note that in ACA 2008 you will need to hold CTRL key while clicking the Edit Justification grip to keep the wall position from changing) .

Please let me know if this clarifies and let me know if there are other questions.
Thanks,
Sam
Message 10 of 10
Brian.wrxman

Style Manager/Wall Cleanup Group Definitions: The boxes below need to be checked in order for clean-up to work across xrefs. 

Brianwrxman_2-1695740965882.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report