AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display configuration in view files

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
kokospb
603 Views, 4 Replies

Display configuration in view files

Hello!

I have a project of a residential building, made in ADT2011. The building has 17 levels. Levels from 2nd to 17th are identical. They created as an element linked to constructs. The other levels created as constructs.

I also have different view files for elevations, sections and perspectives.

The problem is that I can not control display configuration of objects in view files. The thing that I need is to turn off balconies' glasses in curtain walls of the elevation view files (To see what is behind the glass in 2d elevations). Now to achieve it, I have to turn off glasses in the original element file. But in that case the glass disappears also in plans, sections and perspective views, where I need it.

The question is: Can I control the visibility of the default infills for curtain walls independantly for different view files?

Best regards

Konstantin Naumenko

Senior Architect

RUUKKI Corporation

Best regards,

Konstantin Naumenko,

Senior Architect,

RUUKKI Corporation.
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
ntellery
in reply to: kokospb

Not sure I can help but it's an interesting and oft occuring problem, also with shower screens etc where you want to see behind in elevation but in a render you want to see glass.  For this I have created an 'Elevation' display rep and use it for many objects.  If you go into the material definition Display Reps, they don't have plan/model setup and the elevation uses the same view as a 3d model.  For an elevation of a roof I want to see hatching, but not when in 3d.  So I add the 'Elevation' def to Materials as well and it allows me to set it differently than for model views.

If your balastrade has full surround frame then you can easily turn off the glass display in Elevation view but it would need a different glass assigned than windows which you don't want to see thru.

This works well but I'm not sure if there is an official way of thinking about this problem - ie. what the makers intended.

I recently had glass balastrade and shr screens with no frame and was lost as to how to display. I ended up adding a block of a 2d rectangle that would stretch to glass size and show up in elevation.

Crazy idea?? not sure.  maybe yes if there is a better way.

Unfortunately the Display Matrix does not follow a uniform method for all objects. - what is setup for one object might be different for another.

www.ausaca.blogspot.com
Do you know all about the Roof Object? Learn it's secrets
http://ausaca.blogspot.com.au/p/roof-object-video-links.html
Message 3 of 5
kokospb
in reply to: ntellery

Hello, ntellery!

Thanks a lot for your answer! It sounds like a good way, but it's a little complicated for me. I've tryed to do this, but I failed. Could you please give me a little more details. Thank you.

Best regards,

Konstantin Naumenko,

Senior Architect,

RUUKKI Corporation.
Message 4 of 5
kokospb

I finally figured it out, thank you!

Best regards,

Konstantin Naumenko,

Senior Architect,

RUUKKI Corporation.
Message 5 of 5
ntellery

ah good. Sorry I did intend to get back and offer more info.

www.ausaca.blogspot.com
Do you know all about the Roof Object? Learn it's secrets
http://ausaca.blogspot.com.au/p/roof-object-video-links.html

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report