AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable match properties of locked layers in REFEDIT

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
1473 Views, 5 Replies

Disable match properties of locked layers in REFEDIT

Does anyone know a way to make REFEDIT truley lock all layers? I've checked the box under settings to 'LOCK OBJECTS NOT IN WORKING SET' but I'm still able to change the properties of the layers outside of the block I'm editing under REFEDIT. This is extremely frustrating when trying to change all the layers in a block to a screened layer for example. I know this problem has been around for a very long time. I'll use MATCH PROPERTIES to change the layers in the block and all of a sudden it's changing the supposidly locked layers as well.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Just wanted to bump this as im having a similar frustation - is an answer to this now?

Message 3 of 6
dbroad

Refedit doesn't lock layers.  It has a way of detecting objects in the working set and transfers that restriction only to certain other of its commands, leaving a hole in commands like matchprop.  There is no built-in workaround.  Submit a bug report, since it seems like a valid error/weakness.

In the meantime, you might be able to load and use this lisp, which contains 2 commands:  myrefedit and mprop.  These do not replace the built-in commands so you must remember to enter them.  You probably need to add the file to your appload suite.

It would be possible to undefine the refedit command and to rename the lisp C:REFEDIT.  It would also possible to undefine the matchprop command and to rename the lisp C:MATCHPROP.  This may or may not work as a workaround.

Remove the .txt extension to use.  The newsgroup does not apparently permit .lsp filetype attachments.

Architect, Registered NC, VA, SC, & GA.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: dbroad

Thank you for the reply. Sadly cant ustilise LISPs as using LT.

Message 5 of 6
dbroad

Too bad.  You probably should make such limitations apparent in your first post or in a signature.  This is an AutoCAD Architecture newsgroup.  Every ACA user has lisp capabilities. 

You might get some future action by posting a bug report or by contacting your vendor.

Architect, Registered NC, VA, SC, & GA.
Message 6 of 6
pendean

This is a forum for a specific software: http://www.autodesk.com/adt

LT (even for architects and those that work in their offices) is a different software package and it's forum is here http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-lt/ct-p/2000

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report