AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing text in multiple blocks

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
14175 Views, 5 Replies

Changing text in multiple blocks

I searched through and couldn't find anything on this.  I have a schedule on a drawing and they used blocks for all the text.  I want to change all the letters to uppercase, is there an easy way to do this?  If not, then I'll just yell at the person that created it.

Thanks,

Mike

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Does the block contain the actual text?  Or is the text an "attribute".

If it's the actual text, you should be able to perform an in-place edit on one of the instances.  Then, when you save changes, it should automatically update all the instances of the block.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

Do you have express tools in your version of autocad?

Edit your block, select all objects, goto the express tools drop down >> text >> find change text case at the bottom of that list >> and an options box will come up with many options for you. There is an option in there to change all text to UPPERCASE.Then save the block and move onto the next block with lowercase text.

This method works on both dtext and mtext

That is the quickest and easiest way of making this change.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

It's an attribute

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

This worked, thank you!  You saved me a few hours of work.

Message 6 of 6
Yuvaraju.Dhananjay

GUYS.

PLEASE HELP ME IN THIS PROBLEM. I NEED TO CHANGE TEXT INTO EXISTING BLOCK IN MY DRAWING BY USING ANY LISP IF U PPL PROVIDED. I HAVE MUCH TEXT LIKE THIS IN THE DRAWING. PLEASE FIND THE DRAWING FILE AND  REQUIREMENT I NEED.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report