Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surface from Point Cloud

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
1957 Views, 4 Replies

Surface from Point Cloud

I would like to convert a “Point Cloud” data set to an AutoCAD 3D object.

The program MeshLab has been suggested for this task.  Unfortunately, I have not been able to find any documentation on how to use this program and the few on- line tutorials on this subject have not been in English. 

Can anyone provide any assistance with this?  A step by step procedure would be very appreciated.

I am using AutoCAD2013; Windows 7-64.  Source Point Cloud is in (* .las ) or  ascii ( * .asc  ) format.

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

The beta version of VRMesh Triangulation for AutoCAD 2014 is available. It is an one-click solution to create a mesh surface from point clouds in AutoCAD. Thank you for your attentoin.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

Thank you for responding to my question. 

I take it that VRMesh plug-in for AutoCAD will do the same task as VRMesh Studio?

Is the AutoCAD plug-in sold by Autodesk or who?

I will install AutoCAD2014 and give the VRMesh plug-in a try.

My end objective is to be able to get selectable profiles of the Point Cloud object. 

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

VRMesh Triangulation for AutoCAD does the same as VRMesh v8.0 Reverse, and it will be available on our online store. You can get the cross-section curves from a mesh or a point cloud, as shown in the videos. Please feel free to contact us if help is needed.

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

Hi, every one this is my first posting in community 

VRMesh Plugin Triangolation for AutoCAD how to download  any one help  currect link 

regards,

simaya

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report