Did you mean: 

Need Help Bad!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
426 Views, 4 Replies

Need Help Bad!

Good Morning,

I am very new to AutoCad and trying to learn this the hard way....I have been given a task to import a bunch of spaces into a software called vivien. I sent a file to vivien to see if it can be done. The tech there said yes and that i need to do the following:

- DELETE all Paperspace Layouts

- delete all the Hatch objects

- delete all the "AEC_" and "AECS_" custom objects

- explod all Blocks since most of them contained objects that are not supported for import at this time (Hatches, Attribute Definitions and more "AEC_" custom objects)

- delete these unsupported objects (which resulted from exploding the Blocks)

- select everything and moved the moded closer to the origin, since it wasn't quite centred around the origin (a personal preference)

Is there anyway someone can help and teach me how to do all this. i would greatly take any help.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Patchy
in reply to: Anonymous

It would be better if you zip your drawing and attach it here so helpers can see what needs to be done.

Deleting PS? anything there?

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Patchy

here is one of the buildings I need to work on.

Message 4 of 5
Patchy

I don't have the new version to see all proxy objects but if you can see the objects with your autocad, try these steps:

Go to Layout and erase the title block.

Go to model space, use BURST command to explode attributes, when it prompts, type in  ALL.

Quick Select, select hatch, delete them.

Then EXPORT to autocad

Send the file to them.

Message 5 of 5
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

if I look to that list of objects (the XRef was not attached, so that objects are not listed here) I guess you have a lot of work.

2013-08-22 20-53-56.png

If you use command _-EXPORTTOAUTOCAD then you can destroy your AEC-objects and make plain AutoCAD objects from them (without any intelligence any more).

I don't know the software you mentioned, but just out of curiosity, what are they doing with a CAD-file when there are no blocks, not hatches, no layouts allowed. At least every DWG file has 1 layout minimum, so it's not possible to have no layouts in a DWG.

Maybe if you describe more about what should happen to your drawing it might be easier to find the right answers.

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
ISH-Solutions GmbH / Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS
www.ish-solutions.at ... blog.ish-solutions.at ... LinkedIn ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(not an Autodesk consultant)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report