Did you mean:ย 

How do I justify text in a dimension

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
1469 Views, 5 Replies

How do I justify text in a dimension

Hello
I'm new to autocad and I just made an object, specificaly, a rectangle with 6 units of height and 30 of long.
Now I want to write text in the middle of the rectangle, I was able o find the middle point using osnap and a diagonal line (the pont would be 3 units of height and 15 of long) but when I start writing text (with dtext) the text starts writing from that middle point to the right,  If its a long text its not in the middle it starts in the middle ๐Ÿ˜• what can I do so the text will be exactly at the center?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
drjohn
in reply to: Anonymous

If there is not a particular reason for doing the dims that way, why not set your DIMASSOC variable. You can review the uses in HELP.

Are you dimming thru an mview or are you working strictly in MS (model space)?  You should (IMHO) use associative dimensioning so that AutoCAD will put the dim there instead of you typing it in and the end of the leader lines (witness lines) will be attached to the entity so that if you stretch or change the object in any way it will automatically update the dim.

There will be more questions I am sure, but there is a lot of help here.

Regards,

DJ

Message 3 of 6
dmfrazier

Your question seems to be about how to set the justification of text (not in a dimension).

Once you've created the text, you can use the Properties palette to change the justification.

While creating the text, you should have command options that allow setting the justification.

Message 4 of 6
drjohn
in reply to: dmfrazier

Duh!  Smiley Embarassed

Time for that remedial reading course

Message 5 of 6
Jay_B

"I was able o find the middle point using osnap and a diagonal line"
That works but you can also skip drawing the diagonal line by using the mid between 2 points osnap.
C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 6 of 6
GrantsPirate

Start the mtext command, snap to the mid point along the top horizontal line, pick the justification of MC, pick the mid point of the bottom horizontal line, type in your text.

GrantsPirate
Piping and Mech. Designer
EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Always save a copy of the drawing before trying anything suggested here.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
If something I wrote can be interpreted two ways, and one of the ways makes you sad or angry, I meant the other one.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report