Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crosshairs Multiplying

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
300 Views, 4 Replies

Crosshairs Multiplying

I have a user that installed Autocad 2015 but is now having issues with the crosshairs multiplying when he moves the mouse. He is on a 5 year old computer, a Dell Precision M6400.

CPU - 2.5GHz Core 2 Extreme Q9300.

12 GB RAM

NVIDIA Quadro FX 3700M

I rolled him back to direct x 9 and configured his computer to use 9. It fixed the crosshairs problem but then caused his screen to flash black every time he moved the mouse. So far I have tried these fixes with no luck:

Disabled hardware acceleration

Updated BIOS

Updated NVIDIA drivers

Changed visual effects - it now looks like XP with no transparency

Ran disk cleanup

Also does it look like he is on the cusp of just not having the throughput to run this program?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

Turn off LINESMOOTHING in R2015, and if that does not help then change hardware acceleration settings in R2015.

R2015 uses a very new graphics engine and it will beat up on hardware not ready for it.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

No, none of these worked. We are sending him a new computer with a graphics card that supports direct x 11. His current computer just doesn't have the juice.

Message 4 of 5
nestly2
in reply to: Anonymous

Have you tried installing any Service Packs?  SP1 was supposed to fix the Cursor trails so if you haven't already, I'd try that and then try retest with DX9 and DX11

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: nestly2

Yes service pack 1 and 2 are installed. DIrect x 11 did not work and direct x 9 made the screen flash black.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report