Did you mean: 

content library malfunction

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
779 Views, 4 Replies

content library malfunction

Upgraded from Autocad Mechanical 2013 ---> Autocad Mechanical 2015 this morning.

When I type the command AMCONTENTLIB, I am told that this command is not recognized. 

I'm frustrated because that command is listed everywhere in the help menu. I'm positive that I installed content center, along with the ANSI and ISO libraries, but they are nowhere to be found in my content explorer. All I have is a Sample folder and an empty Downloaded Content folder. 

Does this ring any bells with anyone? TIA...

Alex

Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

first thought: everytime when users of Mechanical wrote that the call of mech-commands result in "unknown command" they mostly started with the wrong desktop link, you should have something like "AutoCAD Mechanical" and "AutoCAD Mechanical as AutoCAD" ... if you use the second one you only have AutoCAD functionality available, but not the mech-ones.

At least: you landed in the wrong forum, if my tip does not help then please reask in >>>the AutoCAD Mechanical forum<<<.

Good luck, - alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
ISH-Solutions GmbH / Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS
www.ish-solutions.at ... blog.ish-solutions.at ... LinkedIn ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 5
jggerth
in reply to: Anonymous

Content Center/Content Explore is vanilla Acad, not mechanical.  It's an index server service that runs in the background.  Even if set up in a viable fashion, it may take several days before it indexes useful content.

But from the sounds of it, you need to be asking in the Mechanical Forum as Alfred suggested

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Thank you guys, I'll head over there

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Actually you were completely right.. I was running Autocad 2015 Mechanical instead of Autocad Mechanical 2015. Thank you so much, I never would have noticed that without you. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report