Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AUTOCAD Crashes

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
272 Views, 3 Replies

AUTOCAD Crashes

If anyone could let me know how to fix AutoCad crashing upon opening a file, would be great. I read somthing about changing the profile but can not find a step by step process on how to do that. Im using a MAC. Version 2015. A project will open for mabye 3 sec then close and give me a option to send error to autocad.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

welcome @Anonymous.autodesk.com!

>> AutoCad crashing upon opening a file

Does that happen only with one specific file or all files, also new ones?

If it's only one file then you can try to start AutoCAD, run command _RECOVER and select the defect file ... if that does not help you might upload the DWG file here so others can try to repair it.

If that happens with all files then try to load files from local drive instead of network, try to disable antivirus software to make sure it does not block read/write activities for the drawing files.

HTH, - alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
ISH-Solutions GmbH / Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS
www.ish-solutions.at ... blog.ish-solutions.at ... LinkedIn ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Thanks Alfred!

I tried a few of the things you mentioned and did not have any luck. what is the process of getting files from local drive and is it already set to save on the network? I would rather save it on my HDD instead of the network, I’m thinking this could be the problem possibly.

Thanks!
Message 4 of 4
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

the most important question is:

Does that happen with just one file or does that happen with all files?

Try to create a new file (based on an original AutoCAD template), draw a line, save this file to your user-documents folder, close AutoCAD and open that file. Does AutoCAD crash now?

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
ISH-Solutions GmbH / Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS
www.ish-solutions.at ... blog.ish-solutions.at ... LinkedIn ... CDay 2024

(not an Autodesk consultant)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report