Did you mean: 

Fillet "too complex" issue

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
figure1a
1791 Views, 9 Replies

Fillet "too complex" issue

I cannot add a filet to the edge that is highlighted on the model below—basically the perimeter all the way around. I just want to do a .03125" fillet to this top edge and then also a .0625" fillet to the bottom edge. The piece is .125" thick. Each time I try, I get the error "geometry or topology at end of blend too complex". I've been using AutoCad for a couple years and have to admit my construction techniques are probably unorthodox which may be contributing to this error. Does anyone know why this fillet won't work? I've attached my model file if you want to see what's going on. Thanks for any help!

Screenshot 2016-10-24 15.40.11.png

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Patchy
in reply to: figure1a

Like this ?

Capture.JPGOops, wrong radius, but no problem filleting at all.

Message 3 of 10
figure1a
in reply to: Patchy

What!?! How did you do that so fast? Was there a problem with my model that you had to first change? I basically have always just used the Fillet tool, select Loop and then enter my radius and it's always worked for me. Thanks!

Message 4 of 10
Patchy

I used Fillet, radius, then Chain.

Message 5 of 10
figure1a

Yeah, I still can't get it to work. With chain, it will now do the top edge but not the bottom edge.

Also, on your model, it is now one giant solid piece that I can no longer control-click the individual parts that I used to make it so I can no longer modify those parts. What did you do too make it this way? Also, is there a way to change it back?

Message 6 of 10
Patchy

Will this do?

Capture.JPG

Message 7 of 10
figure1a

Thanks for the 2nd go around! I probably didn't make myself clear on the last post. The new yellow model is great but it no longer has my individual contstructed parts that I can control click on to edit. Is there a way I can get those back?

Message 8 of 10
Patchy

Once a shape of 3d has been modified, if you want to edit any part of it, hold down the CTRL key, and click on the object.

Message 9 of 10
figure1a

That's what I usually do but in you file I can no longer do that. The only thing that I can control click on is the fillets you put on. Everything else just displays as one big object.

Message 10 of 10
Patchy

It started out as a 3d solid when I opened your drawing, all I did was Fillet top & bottom edge.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report