Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Viewport shade plot greyed out in model space

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
Anonymous
3072 Views, 10 Replies

Viewport shade plot greyed out in model space

I am working on a drawing in model space and when I try to plot the shade plot option under the Shaded viewport options is greyed out and not selectable. Is there a setting that is causing the shade plot to be greyed out in model space?

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

>> I am working on a drawing in model space and when I try to plot

>> the shade plot option under the Shaded viewport options

When I'm working in modelspace I have no shaded viewport options in the property window.

Where do you see that options (can you upload a screenshot)?

Maybe also important: what AutoCAD release (and vertical) do you have?

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
ISH-Solutions GmbH / Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS
www.ish-solutions.at ... blog.ish-solutions.at ... LinkedIn ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

It is not in the property window. I am in the plot screen. Typically I can select something like legacy wireframe, legacy hidden... I have attached an image.

Message 4 of 11
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

>> I am in the plot screen

Ahh, ok 😉

For me (I tested that now with 2015) I have that enabled when I'm starting that from tab "Model", when I start the PLOT command while having an layout tab actice it's disabled (as there the control of plotting works by assigning it to the viewports).

I don't get it reproduced (that it disabled) while I start the command from tab "Model".

Sorry, - alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous

Thanks for your assistance. The drawing has been around for 15 years so there must be something wrong with the file...

Message 6 of 11
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

IMHO it does not depend on how old the drawing is, it depends what tab (layout tab or model tab) is active when you start the command.

If you think it's drawing depending then

• start command _AUDIT and see if it finds some internal errors
  • upload the drawing (maybe with limited content, just to have something to plot).

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous

No errors on drawing when _AUDIT complete

I have attached the drawing.

Message 8 of 11
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

wow, reproducable with your drawing.

For a few seconds I have not found any way to get it work, just a workaround: create a new drawing, use command _INSERT to insert this drawing into the new one (exploded), then the PLOT can manage different shade-modes.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous

Yes, inserting into a new drawing does fix the issue. I didn't want to have to do that though. We are doing some auto plotting and the program gets hung up with this drawing. I was looking to see if there was a property setting I was overlooking but it does not seem that that is the case.

Message 10 of 11
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

something is wrong with that drawings, yes. It's interesting when you are in tab model and you start the page setup the dialog shows the page-setup for your layout(s) and when you are in a layout tab the page setup shows "*model*", I have not seen that yet.

If _INSERT does not solve all issues you can try to create a new drawing and use copy & paste to get the geometry from the defect drawing to the new ones (for layouts you can use the layout-import option).

Sorry that I have not found another workaround, maybe someone else has additional ideas without using copy & paste or insert.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA

Message 11 of 11
caddude

You need to select the viewport border in Paperspace.  Don't click inside the viewport as you won't get the shadeplot options.  Once you select the viewport border, you'll see the shadeplot options.  Each viewport can have it's own shadeplot options.

I hope this helps!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report