Community
Fusion API and Scripts
Got a new add-in to share? Need something specialized to be scripted? Ask questions or share what you’ve discovered with the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My first add-in: Visual Styles

99 REPLIES 99
SOLVED
Message 1 of 100
pawelzwronek
5673 Views, 99 Replies

My first add-in: Visual Styles

Hello everybody.

Today i want to share with you my first addin I have created couple days ago. Because my previous idea of "Customized bottom navigation bar" gained whole 10 kudos i decided to write some kind of substitute of this idea. Fell free to download and test it because it's free 🙂 Below screenshot and link to appstore.

MAC and PC

What it does?

Simply a couple of buttons to quickly change visual style of active viewport.

Want to contribute?

Visit github.com/pawelzwronek/fusion360-VisualStyles

P.S. If you like it (or not) and use it please leave a comment in App Store to give me motivation to make it better or to write next one.

visualstyle screen.png

Tags (1)
99 REPLIES 99
Message 2 of 100
daniel_lyall
in reply to: pawelzwronek

The link signs in as you

Win10 pro | 16 GB ram | 4 GB graphics Quadro K2200 | Intel(R) 8Xeon(R) CPU E5-1620 v3 @ 3.50GHz 3.50 GHz

Daniel Lyall
The Big Boss
Mach3 User
My Websight, Daniels Wheelchair Customisations.
Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn

Message 3 of 100
pawelzwronek
in reply to: daniel_lyall

No way, how? Are u sure? Which link, github or appstore?

Message 4 of 100
daniel_lyall

The app store link did it

Win10 pro | 16 GB ram | 4 GB graphics Quadro K2200 | Intel(R) 8Xeon(R) CPU E5-1620 v3 @ 3.50GHz 3.50 GHz

Daniel Lyall
The Big Boss
Mach3 User

Message 5 of 100
pawelzwronek

Probably server got confused 🙂 Links are fine.

Message 6 of 100
daniel_lyall

This app of yours should be included with the fusion install, I use it all the time

Daniel Lyall
The Big Boss
Mach3 User

Message 7 of 100
daniel_lyall

@pawelzwronek I got you another request here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKbEzSleF14&lc=z13cehu5pxv3dv51023mf1wwfqasgxzuz

Daniel Lyall
The Big Boss
Mach3 User

Message 8 of 100
pawelzwronek

I've almost done version with customization and ability to save preferences in cloud(as new project in fusion called '_Preferences') or on local as a simple file on disk. In couple days live version should appear on appstore but for now you can test it from here https://github.com/pawelzwronek/fusion360-VisualStyles/tree/feature/customization Any comments and suggestion please leave as an issue on github or just here or email me. Have a nice day.

screen v1.1_alpha.png

Message 9 of 100
pawelzwronek

Version 1.2 with customization is live. Upgrade now 🙂 Visual Styles on AppStore

Message 10 of 100

Is this app just for macs i dont seem to understand how to install it in Windows?

Message 11 of 100

Make sure you select Win64 as the OS before downloading.  The link defaults to the Mac version.

Message 12 of 100

i feel stupid i figured it out
Message 13 of 100
lemelman

In the app store it says MAC OS, Win64,  but when I click for more info it only mentions MAC OS. I run Win10 x64, will this app run on my system please?

Message 14 of 100
pawelzwronek
in reply to: lemelman

Yes it will. Before click Download select Win64 version: grey button next to blue Mac OS.

Message 15 of 100
JetForMe

Thanks for this customizable update. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to load for me on macOS and the latest Fusion 360. Actually, it loaded the first time. Then I did some experimentation with it, eventually removing it completely by deleting the .bundle, and then tried to reinstall. Now it won't show up at all. But at no time did I get the customization menu.

Also, by the way, the link you provide in the thread takes me to a Polish version of the App Store. I got my plugin from here.

Anyway, now I'm stuck. I can't seem to get Fusion 360 to recognize the plug-in at all, even though I can see it's installed in the filesystem.

MacBook Pro, PCNC1100 Series 3, Slant-PRO 15L Lathe, Custom AvidCNC-based 4x9' CNC Router w/24k 4.5 kW HSD Spindle & Teknic SDSK Servos
Message 16 of 100
pawelzwronek
in reply to: JetForMe

Try this:

1. exit Fusion

2. remove folder C:\Users\p\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\ApplicationPlugins\VisualStyles.bundle   Dont know where it's on MAC 😞

3. run installer and click Repair/Reinstall or Uninstall

4. install again after Uninstall

5. run fusion 🙂

Message 17 of 100
lemelman

Thank you, it installed and works fine on my Win10 system.

Message 18 of 100

Hi, I'm unable to activate the plugin too on my OSX (10.12.2 Sierra).

The installer from App Store actually installs an alias instead of the effective code (see image below). Alias is not connected to any original file.

Screen Shot 2017-01-11 at 13.05.21.png

Message 19 of 100

Try this:

1. Open installer (VisualStyles-macos.pkg) file with 7-zip: "right click on file"->7-zip->Open archive

2. Go to, by double clicking: VisualStyles.bundle.pkg->Payload->Payload~->./

3. Select VisualStyles.bundle

4. Click extract and in destination folder paste <here insert your path>\Autodesk\ApplicationPlugins for WinOS: C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\ApplicationPlugins

5. Run F360 🙂

Dont have MacOS and I cant tell what happened with your installer 😞

Message 20 of 100

Finally I've succeeded in installing on OSX. Precious job pawelzwronek!

FOR MAC USERS

1. Unpack VisualStyles-macos.pkg, I've used unpkg 4.5 available for free here
  2. Copy VisualStyles.bundle in this directory ~/Library/Application Support/Autodesk/ApplicationPlugins

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report