Community
Alias Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Alias Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Alias topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vacuum tutorial intersect surface problem

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
556 Views, 3 Replies

Vacuum tutorial intersect surface problem

Hi 
I'm doing the first tutorial (Vacuum) in Alias Automotive. 
The following steps in "Modify the Back Surface" do not work for me. I can not make the canvas 'pickable'. As soon as I select the 'intersect' tool in the edit surface palette the canvas items become greyed out and not selectable.
14. In the Object Lister, -click the imageref layer and set the state to Pickable.
15. Pick Canvas 1 for the intersecting plane, either from within the Object Lister or interactively in the scene.

I can't work out why.

Cheers

Carl

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Ok so I think I figured it out. Maybe the tutorial documentation misses a step.

Need to trim the surface after making the intersection.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

Thanks for the pointer! I am doing the same tutorial at the moment.

Though I do have a problem even earlier on the same page of this tutorial:

"Use display symmetry to show continuity

[...]
6. Hold down the key to magnet-snap, and click-drag with the to move the picked CV upward. Move the cursor near the first CV of the same curve, and the picked CV snaps to the same height as that CV."

When I do this step, the curve looks ok. But it does not affect the surface. It looks like there is no link between the curve and the surface at all.
Did you have any trouble with that step?

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

Hi 

No sorry I didn't have a problem with that and from what you said I'm not sure what could help you.

I gave up on this tutorial. I downloaded Alias 2011 which has much better tutorials and am progressing through those (using Alias 2012).

cheers

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report