Community
Alias Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Alias Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Alias topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

alias startup wire file

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
wah_tang-EXT
134 Views, 3 Replies

alias startup wire file

Hi, 

If I wanted to have Alias startup with specific wire file everytime with set construction settings, shaders, environments, cameras etc. how can I do this. Where is the initial wire file saved ?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
bob55
in reply to: wah_tang-EXT

You can launch Alias with a path to a wire file as an argument.

"E:\Program Files\Autodesk\AliasAutoStudio2024.1\bin\Alias.exe" -a as c:\absolute_path_to_wirefile

-a as   AutoStudio

-a ss  SurfaceStudio

-a cs  ConceptStudio

-a le  Learning Edition

Message 3 of 4
wah_tang-EXT
in reply to: bob55

I'm looking to embed personal settings into the default startup wire file.
Where is still stored/retrieved and how can it be customised ?
Message 4 of 4
c3systems
in reply to: wah_tang-EXT

@wah_tang-EXT 

1. Create and save the required preferences.
  2. Save the preferences folder to a common location with suitable access control.
  3. Use the windows environment variable ALIAS_PREFS_LOCATION to point to the new location.

By default the Alias will use the UserPrefs folder is in %APPDATA%\Autodesk\Alias\UserPrefs [version no.]

Please be reminded that users will have different way of working and their muscle memory set to use those settings. It might be counter productive to be too restrictive.

I would highly recommend to use the new Workspaces introduced in Alias 2024.0. Create customized version of %APPDATA%\Autodesk\Alias\UserPrefs2024.1\AutoStudio\Preference_Sets\User Profile.json file.

Hope it helps.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report