Community
Alias Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Alias Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Alias topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alias can't open WIRE/EDF - only grey workplace

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
697 Views, 6 Replies

Alias can't open WIRE/EDF - only grey workplace

Hi, I have problem with Alias. I downloaded 2017 version, later also 2015 version because that one we have in school. 

My problem is simple - I open any .wire but see only gredy background. The whole software works smoothly, no problem in clicking on menus etc. but I can't see anything in the workplace. Background is grey, stays grey and even the cube dissapeared. 

I tried exporting the .wire into .edf, but even this I can't open.

I tried downloading 2015 version as I thought there might be problem opening old .wire to the new 2017, but the problem is still the same. 
I really ran out of options. Today I reinstalled both version but nothing changed.

It's worth saying, that the files I try to open can be opened anywhere else, on other computers it works great.

My OS is Windows 7 64-bit Home Premium.

If you have any working solution, feel free to add it. 

Thank you

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

Have you tried the reset view tool ?

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous

Where do I find View Pallete? I don't have anything on the workspace.

Thanks for reply

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous

Hi,

I see... Perhaps you can try to clean install all your existing Autodesk's products.

Kindly follow the instructions in the following page:

Clean Uninstall

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

Well I did clean install 3 times, I don't think there is the problem. 

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous

Hi,

Just want to confirm, you did the clean uninstall by deleting all the residual file ?

Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

I did the clean install followed by the guide I found earlier before you sent it. Maybe I found solution which is pretty stupid, but works. 

I have Alias on SSD, but all the data I store on classic HDD. I was pretty angry, so I copyied .wire to Desktop and try to open it from there. It fcking worked! So there must be problem with Alias and more discs in computer. I tried to open it from flash disc - didn't work, also tried external HDD - worked.

Any idea?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report