Did you mean: 

Block entities rotate not block rotate?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
mid-awe
380 Views, 3 Replies

Block entities rotate not block rotate?

Hi all,

How can I rotate the contents, all entities, of a block and leave the block at rotation 0? I am asking due to a scaling issue where I need to click two points to acquire an angle that then needs to become horizontal. It is important that the block remain at 0 rotation and only the entities rotate so that later as the block is rescaled I can avoid skewing the entities. Also, it would be nice if the block's basepoint could be moved to the mid point of the two points clicked to acquire the deflection angle.

I have a function for taking two points and rotating the block and one for moving the block's basepoint but I don't know how to approach the changes I need. 

Thank you in advance for any help &/or advice.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
hmsilva
in reply to: mid-awe

Hi mid-awe,

Lee Mac's Change Block Base Point and Nested Move the last one is to move, not for rotate, but you can get some ideas to the rotate...

HTH

Henrique

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
mid-awe
in reply to: hmsilva

Thanks, those are nice. I hadn't taken time to see everything on lee's site yet. I will think about these some more.

What I need has to do with the PDF scaling that we discussed earlier: Scale PDF on X & Y independently?

There is an issue with skewing; if the PDF is rotated to some-odd-angle when the scale is measured.

If I can 2-point-click align the image along some horizontal line, before making the block, then the scaling works much better with less skew.

Message 4 of 4
hmsilva
in reply to: mid-awe

@mid-awe wrote:

Thanks, those are nice. I hadn't taken time to see everything on lee's site yet. I will think about these some more.

What I need has to do with the PDF scaling that we discussed earlier: Scale PDF on X & Y independently?

There is an issue with skewing; if the PDF is rotated to some-odd-angle when the scale is measured.

If I can 2-point-click align the image along some horizontal line, before making the block, then the scaling works much better with less skew.

Hi mid-awe,

sorry for the delayed response...

I did some testing with PDF's and when they were rotated before scaling before making the block, then scale, the deformation is larger (possibly I'm not understanding correctly your goal)

If you want/can, send me a dwg with some samples to better understand.
(2010 format, I'm on holidays and the laptop I have, is a very old one...)

Henrique

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report