Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rolling Back Files in Vault

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Cadmanto
417 Views, 2 Replies

Rolling Back Files in Vault

This is the first time I have encountered this.

When I was using Solidworks PDM vault it was a simple RC and selecting the rollback command

and the file was rolled back to the previous revision.  How is this done in Vault?

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
olearya
in reply to: Cadmanto

Hey Scott,

At this stage there is no rollback functionality in the document based lifecycle states.  We can of course restore previous file versions but not rollback the actual revision value.  

The only real options are to make a note in the revision details of the oversight, we can remove the file and re-add it with the correct version and revision value but this then affects its history. 

This has been captured as a feature request.

Allan
Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 3
Cadmanto
in reply to: olearya

Thanks Allen.  I was actually thinking about option 2 in deleting it and rechecking it back in correctly.

I do realize the history would be lost, but at this point with this file that is not important.

Well, I guess I wont bother then sending this one in as an enhancement request.  Any idea when or if this

will be implemented?

I know when I used SW this was a great feature because there were always those that accidently

bumped up the rev and I had to roll them back.

Appreciate the heads up.

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report