Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default Coping Distance to 0"

14 REPLIES 14
SOLVED
Message 1 of 15
josh
8848 Views, 14 Replies

Default Coping Distance to 0"

Anyone know how to adjust the default coping distance to o" rather than 1"? Would save me a lot of time!

Cheers,

Tags (2)
14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15
Joe.Charpentier
in reply to: josh

This is not currently possible in Revit.

To adjust the coping distance, you must do it after the cope is created.

Joe

Message 3 of 15

OK, straight and fair answer, but this kind of "limitations" really frustrate Revit users.

Especially because it seems that they are not hard to implement. Revit gets them from somewhere already.

Revit should have option to adjust Coping distance and start/end cutbacks generally for entire project so there is no need to adjust all of the instances.

Some other parameter defaults too, but that's another story.

If this solved your issue, please Accept it as Solution help other forum users with similar issues to find answers easily.

Mirko Jurcevic

My blog: www.engipedia.com
Try my Revit add-ins: Autodesk App Store
Message 4 of 15

This is an old post. Unfortunatly! Struggeling with trusses in 2019. And still most of the usability of trusses are lost when you have to adjust the copeing distance in post production. Why isnt the default coping distance part of the structural settings? Still?

Message 5 of 15
awes
in reply to: harry.klava

I use a global parameter connected to the  coping distance. A workaround but makes adjustment easier.

Message 6 of 15
harry.klava
in reply to: awes

Thanks för the tip. But can your global parameter control what Revit throws at you. I have a truss with a variable amount of webs. First time I populate the truss with profiles I have to unpin all webs and set the coaping distance to 0. Thats the first annoyance. Then if I stretch my truss and make it shorter, with fewer webs, all webs look ok. But if I lenghten the truss and Revit adds webs the new webs are pinned and have the default coaping distance. More annoyance!

Message 7 of 15
harry.klava
in reply to: harry.klava

Oh, here I confused cutback and coping. I am just a simple architect who is not familiar with a constructor's concepts in English. But the same applies to both.

Message 8 of 15

That's exactly what I said. Take any other software, it has milions of settings which prevent such annoyance.

Now, Dynamo fans will jump in saying that Dynamo can solve our problem(s).

Don't get me wrong, Dynamo is great and usefull tool, I use it too, but sometimes it's going in bad direction where users are humbling themselfs improving (very expensive) software tool, instead of software author (Autodesk).

If this solved your issue, please Accept it as Solution help other forum users with similar issues to find answers easily.

Mirko Jurcevic

My blog: www.engipedia.com
Try my Revit add-ins: Autodesk App Store
Message 9 of 15
Anonymous

The only solution I found was an aesthetics based correction so may not be applicable for most. I used structural stiffener decals such as "truss Plates" to cover the voids. Hope this helps someone.

Message 10 of 15
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Also a cost can be applied to each connector decal to help with estimates. 

Message 11 of 15

so how do you adjust coping distance after the cope is applied?

Message 12 of 15
TiStars

Can't agree Mirko.Jurcevic more.

I am even stuggling on finding the "Coping Distance" from Properties palette of a Timber Column, sometimes it's there if you are lucky, most of the time it just gone, nowhere to find it, really frastrating and annoyling.

TiStars_0-1625898169316.png

天涯海角的山姆

您认为此帖子是否有用?欢迎为此帖点赞。

您的问题是否已得到解答?请点击“接受解答”按钮。

EESignature

Message 13 of 15
samin.hindic
in reply to: TiStars

Use global parameters to presett coping distance value. sett this new parameter value to 0 under settings global parameters.

Coping distance is 0.0 set via global parameter. Coping distance is greyed out because of this.

saminhindic_1-1636711650036.png

saminhindic_0-1636711607810.png

Message 14 of 15
Drafter18VPD9

Still an issue. I'm also seeing the issue where I have identical columns with copings applied to them and the same top cross-member, but only some of the columns have the "Coping Distance" property visible.

Message 15 of 15
langVGWP8
in reply to: TiStars

Hello, I had the same problem. First, You need to "Detach Top/Base" Timber Columns. Then coping distance parameter is available. After applying coping distance, you can attach columns.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report