Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

halftone/underlay limits

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
clippincott-CL
347 Views, 1 Reply

halftone/underlay limits

I am very glad to have the "Halftone/Underlay" settings in MEP 2010 but I am still trying to figure out exactly what it's limits are.

The interface for this command seems to suggest that if you set the lineweight to "1" in the "Underlay" section then all of the lines in the underlays in your model will have a lineweight of "1". From the Revit MEP 2010 help:

In the Halftone/Underlay dialog, under Underlay, define the following settings:
Weight: Specifies the line weight for underlays. Select a value from the list.

This doesn't appear to be the case, though. Some lines in my underlay remain thicker than a "1" lineweight. For example, my Object Styles lineweight setting for "Generic Models" is "3" because I want non-underlay elements in my model that are categorized as "Generic Models" to stand out more. Even though I have "Underlay" lineweights set to "1", elements in my linked underlay that are categorized as "Generic Models" have a lineweight of "3".

I know I can do custom display settings for my links and adjust lineweights there but I thought I had left that behind me with MEP 2009. What exactly am I achieving when I set lineweights in the "Halftone/Underlay" command? Whatever lineweights I have set up in "Object Styles" seems to override this. I would rather have it be the other way around, "Halftone/Underlay" should override my "Object Styles" settings for my underlays only.

Any insight into this is appreciated.
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Has anyone else had this problem? I'm surprised nobody has responded to this.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report