Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Space problems

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
Anonymous
2745 Views, 9 Replies

Space problems

So I have 4 projects from other departments in the company, they created the projects but when I try to export these projects to GBXML files but with the following errors:

1. Revit was unable to identify any spaces. If you are sure that spaces have been created in the project, please check the Project Phase setting to verify that the Project Phase matches the phase in which spaces have been defined in your project. 

2. The model has no conditioned spaces.

3. The model has no occupiable spaces.

I have checked the project model, it's a building with 50 floors, so can I modify the spacing once for all the floors or I have to manually for each spacing on each floor??

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

You have placed spaces and your getting that error....huh?

I have never seen/heard that one.

"so can I modify the spacing once for all the floors or I have to manually for each spacing on each floor??"

What are you trying to modify per floor?

Have you looked at the zone level?

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous

From the way you have written you post it sounds like you don't have any spaces in your model. If you haven't then you need to add them.

If one of the models from your department has spaces in it then open that model and export the spaces to gbXML.

Message 4 of 10
Chris.Aquino

To export to gbXML, there needs to be at least 1 occupied and conditioned space.

I would also try changing the Computation Height in the Properties Palette to see if Revit can pick up the Spaces (given that there are spaces).

Chris Aquino
Adoption Marketing Manager | BIM Collaborate Pro
@Aquinotecture

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: Chris.Aquino

In Revit Architecture

I am currently having this problem with Revit exporting to a gbXML.  Nothing has currently worked that was suggested on this board. Is there an updated answer to this problem, a solution that will help me understand why Revit is not identifying the spaces/rooms I have placed in the model?

Thank you

Message 6 of 10
CoreyDaun

Hello, and welcome to the DIscussion Groups!

What version [year] of Revit are you using? Are you able to reproduce this behavior in a new Revit Project? If not, would you be able to post a small sample of your Project file? (If you are unable to get the file small enough to post here, send me a Private Message and I'll send you my email address)

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Hello,

I am in Revit 2014. 

I have solved the poblem by deleting all my rooms and adding them in again. It was a pain, but that worked automatically (with setting the height limit to the underside of the floor above).  The other problem I was having was that a few rooms were causing an error message that read " can't find room geometry" which I did not understand.  To the same effect I deleted the rooms, and the surrounding walls and ceiling as well, and redrew it in its entirety (just that area) and the problem seems to be solved.

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous

I am having the same issue on a project I would rather not have to recreate all the spaces for.  See images below.

Spaces Problem.JPGSpace Properties.JPG

I have set the computational height at 2'. This is in Revit 2014.    I would be greatfull for any assistance.

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous

Ah ha! There must be at least one Zone. There was originally a default catch all zone. If it gets deleted, then you must create a zone for every space to live in.
Message 10 of 10
Anonymous

try check your 'export category' on the 'Export gbXML - Settings'. you need to choose 'spaces' if you only insert space in your design. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report