Revit MEP

Message 1 of 3 (173 Views)

Mech unit databases

173 Views, 2 Replies
07-03-2006 07:45 AM
Those in my Mech dept using Revit Systems is asking if there is a complete database of all possible manufacturers of families of mech units, RTU's, AHU's, etc. available for placing in our models? If not, is there a third party software available or does each user have to create there own families of these objects?
Employee
martin.schmid
Message 2 of 3 (173 Views)

Re: Mech unit databases

07-04-2006 06:00 AM in reply to: Mark
Hi Mark-

Keeping a complete library of all types of equipment from all manufacturers would be a daunting task. I'd recommend starting out by creating place holder families that let you define the general LxWxH with parameters as required for equipment scheduling. As projects require, the geometry can be modeled in more detail.

HTH,
Martin Schmid, P.E.
Autodesk Consulting

Martin Schmid, P.E.
Product Manager - Revit MEP
Architecture, Engineering, and Construction
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 3 (173 Views)

Re: Mech unit databases

07-12-2006 07:00 AM in reply to: Mark
To me the question here is whether major manufacturers are onboard with developing content. Almost all provide dwg files, and some have developed content for Building Services, but my guess it will be awhile before they recognize Revit.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Welcome to the new Autodesk Community!
If this is your first visit, click here to get started and make the most of the Community. Let us know what you think of the new experience in the Community Feedback Forum.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Revit Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Revit helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Revit

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Youtube