Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flexible Duct Tap Gets Deleted

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
Anonymous
1745 Views, 9 Replies

Flexible Duct Tap Gets Deleted

Seen a few posts around with the same problem but found no solution

Main rectangular duct has a round duct tap, flexible ductwork is connected to this from air terminal.

If the main duct's width is changed, then the spigot (duct tap) is deleted. Height is not a problem to change

This is a MASSIVE problem. Was never a problem in any of the past releases

Am currently running SP2

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

It is a big issue for us too. Autodesk is aware of the problem and are looking into it. I sent off an email to them a month ago, maybe you should do the same.

There is another post somewhere here about it too, and they got the same response.

Message 3 of 10
CoreyDaun

I would perhaps suggest using the link below to report this issue directly with Autodesk Support and/or open a Support Case from the Autodesk Subscription Center.

Autodesk Product Support

The following link is setup for you to submit feature requests, or feedback, directly to our Development group:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=1109794

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous

Will send a support request off to them now.

I hope that they release a hot fix  for this soon. I have a very large job starting in July and this is going to cause me all sots of headaches

Does anyone know if this is a problem in 2015? My trial expired before checking and am waiting licencing to come through

Message 5 of 10
abulla

I can't seem to replicate this behavior in 2014 or 2015. I have created a rectangular main duct with an air terminal on each side with a round tap and flex duct connecting them. I can resize the main duct with no problems, both taps stay connected. Could you describe your work flow when connecting the terminal to the duct?

Duct_resizing.pngDuct_resizing_2.png

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: abulla

Thank you for attempting this abulla. The specific example he is referring to is having a spigot (take-off) directly connected to a duct. What are you using as a take-off in your example?  

Capture.PNG

Capture2.PNG

Capture3.PNG

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous

Thanks troy that is correct. I do not have a round duct after the tap. The flexible ductwork is connected straight to the tap

I agree that there is no problem when modelled how you have described abulla. However that is not how HVAC is installed in australia

I have had an email from Autodesk stating that this problem has been fixed in 2015, however this does not help for the major project I am about to start in 2014. If they have fixed the problem in 2015 then surely a hotfix could be applied in 2014

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous

Well it's good to know it's fixed in 2015. It also doesn't help us either. Just try and size everything right the first time!

If your project is starting in July could you propose an upgrade? there's already service packs for 2015 so it could be feasible? However, I am in the same position as you and most architects are hesitant to upgrade projects part way through.

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous

Sizing everything right the first time presumes the architect won't change anything! haha

I am going to talk to the architect and propose an upgrade, but it all comes down to everyone on the design team being able to use 2015. Hopefully everyone has licences

Message 10 of 10
Anonymous

I've had the problem as well.

The best work around i've found is if you use the automatic duct sizing tool on the main run to force it to the size you want. 

So when you select the run you wish to resize you should also select the taps to the flex duct aswell. Then resize and the flex taps will stay connected.

Thats the best method I've found. A few times completely random and seemingly uncontrollable I've been able to simply drag the flex back into the duct and it's reconnected.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report