Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

room separation lines with offset to the level

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
1740 Views, 2 Replies

room separation lines with offset to the level

Why room separation lines cannot have an offset to the level?

In the complex I draw the building goes up with 1,75 meter from one side to the other side.

The floor goes up in steps with a offset to that level and I use plan regions to adjust the height in plan.

If I draw room separation lines I can only make them visible by wireframe, but the floor hides them in hidden view.

So the lines need a offset to the level, but this is not possible.....

In Mep I saw it can also draw sloped separation lines, why this cannot be used in Architecture?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
johan_aspenberg
in reply to: Anonymous

It would at least be nice to be able to associate it to a non-plan view levels so you don´t have to clutter the browser with too many "support levels". 

Message 3 of 3
MachielAEC
in reply to: Anonymous

I normally decide on what is a 'new level' normally I base this on the offset and when a hand-railing is required (we have it at around 550mm) that creates it easier to manage.

Secondly, I normally hide my Room Separation Lines in all views.

Possible Solutions 

1. You can align a model line (can be offset and aligned to room separation line)
  2. You can create a small wall that can be drawn to indicate the 'line' but this would require you hide in all views.
Machiel Odendaal
---BIM Enthusiast---

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report