Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tagging Componenets in Linked Models

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
atiefenbach
290 Views, 2 Replies

Tagging Componenets in Linked Models

Is there still no way of tagging components from a linked model? We have a project that was broken into 2 Revit models so that we could reduce the size of the 1 main model which would easily exceed 200MB is left together. The problem is we can't keynote the components from the linked in model without using user keynotes, which would be a nightmare for coordination, not to mention the fact that it completely eliminates the whole point of modeling it. The keynotes are needed in interior elevations and plans. I know we can keynote in plans and use "By Linked View" to see those tags, but then we're having to open the other model to add, remove or change keynotes.

Any help?
Anthony Tiefenbach
BIM Manager
HuntonBrady Architects
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: atiefenbach

Nope! None on the horizon either.
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: atiefenbach

I just posted the same problem (because I missed your earlier post.) It seems that you can't schedule the linked keynotes even if you went that route (we tried.)

You can, however, show the text of the keynotes instead of a "tag", but this still may not produce the desired effect.

Please post what you come up with.

Thanks and good luck.

- Alex

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report