Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Schedule grand totals for occupancy counts

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
mryan64
2130 Views, 4 Replies

Schedule grand totals for occupancy counts

We are setting up a set of schedules to run both occupancies and then the plumbing fixture counts.  I have the schedules and parameters in place to do this on an individual room basis and works great but the plumbing counts can't be done on a room by room basis or the counts explode.  We have three schedule types.  The occupancy count per floor per occupancy type, a room schedule with the sf included with other information and the plumbing couts.  I have unchecked the itemize instances and created one schedule per occupancy type for plumbing counts but the numbers don't add up.  In our business occupancy schedule the count should be 14, yet it shows 19.  I know this doesn't impact the plumbing count but it is still annoying to have our schedules not show the same numbers.  Is there a way to handle this so the counts always come out the same?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
ryan.duell
in reply to: mryan64

Is it possible to attach a simple example project containing this condition \ parameters for review?

Ryan Duell
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

It sounds like you are getting descrepancies between rounding individual room totals vs rounding the total combined occupancy. For example, if you have 1.5 occupants required in a room, you round up to 2, right? But what if you add two rooms together before the rounding happens in a total. Say you have two rooms that give 1.5 occupants each. 1.5 x 2 = 3 occupants. If you round before adding, however, you get (1.5 rounded up) + (1.5 rounded up) = 4 total occupants, not 3 any more. It completelt depends on how you write your formulas and what your count goal is per occupancy or plumbing code. You may need to create a separate schedule for totals and simply do not itemize every instance instead of using the built in "totals in the schedule." Do you round individually per room, or do you round the total? Using the built in "totals" in the schedule will cause the discrepancy the way it uses rounding by default. Unfortunately, it is a built in feature and there is no way to change it's calc. I hope this make's sense

I've been through this before on a 500,000 square foot building with 8 floors - NOT FUN to have to backcheck as it almost defeats the purpose of doing it automatically, but what is the alternative?

Joshua Siddle

BIM Admin, The Freelon Group

Message 4 of 5
mryan64
in reply to: Anonymous

That's exactly what I'm running into with the rounding per total as that is how we've normally run our overall calculations.  We've had to go back to the excel sheet unfornately but oh well.  Thanks.

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

Did we ever get a solution for this? I am running into the same probelm and cant get a good way to fiz it

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report