Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
462 Views, 5 Replies

Roofs

How is a gable roof with sprockets created in Revit? I am using 2012. Thanks. I appreciate any help. 

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
loboarch
in reply to: Anonymous

I am not sure what a gable roof with sprockets is?  Google did not help me much either.  Could you post an image of what you are trying to do and prehaps someone can offer a way to accomplish it.

Jeff Hanson
Principal Content Experience Designer
Revit Help |
Message 3 of 6
Alfredo_Medina
in reply to: loboarch

Did he mean to write "crickets"?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cricket_%28roofing%29

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Profile on Linkedin
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

Thank you for your reply. I did not mean crickets. I meant sprockets. It's not uncommon on Victorian Houses. Please see the attached. I live outside Philadelphia and there are some mansions with this detail. 

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

There are probably several ways to do this, but I am thinking you will have to create two roofs. Create the base roof (sprockets) at the slope you want. create the cutoff level where you want it to stop then create the main roof with it's slope. http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/Revit/enu/2012/Help/Revit_User's_Guide/0325-Build_th325/0327-Architec32...  Yuo can also probably do it as an extrusion. Let us know how it goes. Good luck!

Message 6 of 6
loboarch

Craig's idea with 2 roof elements will probably do the trick.

Another option would be to create the main roof and then create the "sprockets" with an in-place family.  That is how I created this example.  It is pretty crude, but with an exact situation I could get it to look the way it is suppoed to.

roof_sprockets.png

Jeff Hanson
Principal Content Experience Designer
Revit Help |

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report