Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit 2014 Help System Doesn't work

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
645 Views, 4 Replies

Revit 2014 Help System Doesn't work

When I click on search for help, my computer opens the notepad application and the error message says "the filename, directory name, or volume lable syntax is incorrect."  I cant go to the videos or the wiki directly from revit either. None of the resources on the right side of the screen are accessible.  I do have the educator version of the software.   I have tried to reinstall from the application, but have not uninstalled and reinstalled completely.  Anyone have any suggestions?  I know it is really weird....

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
HarshavardhanMoghe
in reply to: Anonymous

I too have the same problem. Clicking on help in Revit 2014 opens a notepad instead and displays the same error message. Mine is Autodesk Building Design Suite Ultimate 2014 (educational). I can't wait for a solution to appear here!

Message 3 of 5
Alaaeldin_Alsahli

this may help

http://help.autodesk.com/view/RVT/2014/ENU/?guid=GUID-7C76AE6F-21C2-4ADB-B1BA-44E4E29DFDFA

Alaaeldin Alsahli

Please mark Accept as Solution if your question is answered. Kudos gladly accepted. ⇘
Message 4 of 5

Still it didn't help.

I checked at %ProgramFiles%\Autodesk\<product name and release> and Help\en-US\WBH, and clicked on index.htm. It opened as a notepad, and all the files in this directory are openable in notepad only.

Is there any software release, service pack or update that I can use to fix missing help in Revit 2014? I need local help, not online help.

Message 5 of 5
Alaaeldin_Alsahli

it is a setting where you need to force HTML to be opened by IE

to do so

right click on the html and select open with and choose internet explorer

Alaaeldin Alsahli

Please mark Accept as Solution if your question is answered. Kudos gladly accepted. ⇘

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report