Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New wall elements don't sit on layer

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
197 Views, 2 Replies

New wall elements don't sit on layer

I'm a 'newbie', but seem to have got to grips with Revit 6.1 fairly well. I have produced a 4 storey building with overlapping floor-plans and intermediate levels, and it's all looking OK. Except, something has gone awry. Whenever I go to place an element, eg: a wall, it always has a base offset of minus 4130mm. Now, all walls start off 4130mm below the layer where I want them. I cannot find where this parameter is to allow me to change it. Appreciate any help. Damian
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Damian, click the Wall tool, but BEFORE you draw the wall, click the Properties button right beside the Type Selector. You'll see that your base offset can be changed there before you draw the wall. W. "Damian Bree" wrote in message news:408bf047$1_2@newsprd01... > I'm a 'newbie', but seem to have got to grips with Revit 6.1 fairly well. I > have produced a 4 storey building with overlapping floor-plans and > intermediate levels, and it's all looking OK. > > Except, something has gone awry. Whenever I go to place an element, eg: a > wall, it always has a base offset of minus 4130mm. Now, all walls start off > 4130mm below the layer where I want them. > > I cannot find where this parameter is to allow me to change it. > > Appreciate any help. > > Damian > >
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

(Reply to group this time) Wes, Many thanks for both your answer and prompt reply. Damian "Wes Macaulay" wrote in message news:408c36ee$1_2@newsprd01... Damian, click the Wall tool, but BEFORE you draw the wall, click the Properties button right beside the Type Selector. You'll see that your base offset can be changed there before you draw the wall. W. "Damian Bree" wrote in message news:408bf047$1_2@newsprd01... > I'm a 'newbie', but seem to have got to grips with Revit 6.1 fairly well. I > have produced a 4 storey building with overlapping floor-plans and > intermediate levels, and it's all looking OK. > > Except, something has gone awry. Whenever I go to place an element, eg: a > wall, it always has a base offset of minus 4130mm. Now, all walls start off > 4130mm below the layer where I want them. > > I cannot find where this parameter is to allow me to change it. > > Appreciate any help. > > Damian > >

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report