Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filter Elevation Mark

25 REPLIES 25
Message 1 of 26
mgrandbois
29747 Views, 25 Replies

Filter Elevation Mark

Hi,

is there a way to filter Elevations in plan view to make some elevation mark and bubble not visible without managing their visibility manually?

What we want to achieve here is to create different View Filter to manage Elevations. The Elevations we want to manage visibility are the following : Global Elevation, Construction Elevation, Demolition Elevation.

For Example, is there a way to create a filter to hide Demolition Elevations from our construction plans, or create a filter to only show Global Elevations on large scale drawings and hide Construction et Demolition Elevations?

Regards

25 REPLIES 25
Message 2 of 26
CoreyDaun
in reply to: mgrandbois

You can create a new Project Parameter (Text) that applies to the "Views" Category named "Elevation Type". This will allow you to specify which type of Elevation View each view is under Properties. You can now create View Filters to control the visibility of Elevation Views (or even Callouts, etc.). There are two possible View Filter configuration options below; both should satisfy your needs so it's a matter of preference.

#1. Create three separate View Filters with the following Filter Rules:

Filter1:  "Elevation Type" "does not equal" "Global Elevation"

Filter2:  "Elevation Type" "does not equal" "Construction Elevation"

Filter3:  "Elevation Type" "does not equal" "Demolition Elevation"

Using this method, you need only include one View Filter in your View to hide the other Types. Note that this will also hide newly created Elevation Views which might become annoying.

#2. Create three separate View Filters with the following Filter Rules:

Filter1:  "Elevation Type" "equals" "Global Elevation"

Filter2:  "Elevation Type" "equals" "Construction Elevation"

Filter3:  "Elevation Type" "equals" "Demolition Elevation"

Using this method, you will include all three of the View Filters in each of your Views. You can easily turn off the unwanted elevation types, but those Elevation Views that have not yet been assigned an elevation type will always be visible.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 26
mgrandbois
in reply to: CoreyDaun

I've tried your solution but it only hide the elevation arrow. The bubble with the view reference remains...

ELEVATIONS.JPG

Message 4 of 26
CoreyDaun

I see. Method #1 should still work, though. Using the "does not equal" operator will catch the "bubbles" and hide them only if all of the attached Elevation Views are rendered hidden.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 5 of 26
Anonymous

I create various elevation types. In your case the 3 you mentioned.

When creating an elevation, select edit type > duplicate and name them accordingly. Then you can quite easily filter your elevations by type name. 

I find this method to be a little more organised and a benefit is, if your project browser is sorting by family & type, your elevation types will seperate accordingly. I use this method to seperate my working sections / elevations from my building and detailing sections. 

To assist with large scale and small scales, you have the properties option "hide in scales coarser than" when you select the elevation. This will avoid you having to use filters for some views. 

Hope it helps. 

Message 6 of 26
Anonymous

You can also  create a couple Filters called "Show only Demo Elevations" and "Show only New Elevations" Then set the filter to apply to Elevations (checkbox) and filter by "Phase Filter", "does not equal", "Show Previous + Demo." Then in the demo plan's Visibilty Graphic Override, filter tab, add "Show only Demo Elevations" and uncheck the visibility. (then do the same for "Show only New Elevations" in reverse) Then you don't have to make new project parameters.As commented earlier, you need to use "does not equal" to get the bubbles to hide along with the view callout.

Message 7 of 26
Anonymous

You can use a filter, and then filter out "By Family and Type." That is if you have a different family type for each type of elevations.

Message 8 of 26
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

wishlist, you need to be able to filter by type not just family and type. This means you cant simply rename and copy the view family type name. you have to use a contains filter. which cocky dhs that cant spell will use when they come to your office to break your view filters on more complex jobs where the contains filter matches more than one view family type name.

Message 9 of 26
rand1417

I AGREE - THOUGH FILTERING HAS MADE REAL PROGRESS, THERE IS STILL WORK TO BE DONE. THIS IS ONE OF THOSE AREAS THAT COULD USE A LITTLE ATTENTION.

Message 10 of 26
Anonymous
in reply to: CoreyDaun

can someone elaborate on why it would only work on the "does not contain" and not when you use "contains"

Message 11 of 26
Anonymous

The elevation bubbles do not hide, only the arrows do with filters. Can someone explain how to hide the sheet references and bubbles?

Message 12 of 26
Lachlan-JWP

Use the method described in reply #5 & #7 above.

Create different elevation types with a naming convention that works for your needs. Then use view filters that filter by family & type.

Message 13 of 26
Anonymous
in reply to: Lachlan-JWP

This does not work if you are filtering by certain categories (ie. Folders).  The bubbles remain in the view.  It seems strange that it has taken this long and there is still no solution to properly filter out elevation bubbles???

Message 14 of 26
Anonymous

guy guys, this is definatley a nuisance to figure out.... but let me tell you how to filter of your elevation markers 😉 firstly, the elevation view needs to be set to a 'type'. once you have set a type, in the visibility graphics under filters, create a filter in the category of elevations. then set a rule using family and type. use the type name to filter off the elevation tags. so many people respond here and give terrible answers. you may aswell not comment.

Message 15 of 26
Anonymous

@Anonymous, I don't think people deliberately give bad advice, just to the best of their knowledge in trying to be helpful, in turn, by contributing, that actually subscribes them to a thread where they can potentially learn something new, with perhaps better solutions. In this case, the type filter, which was mentioned earlier in the thread message #5, #7 and #12. Now we can add you to the list as well 😉

I have dropped a few "questionable" solutions in my time, but if I hadn't, I wouldn't have learnt the better ones that came later! You don't know, what you don't know!

Message 16 of 26
Anonymous

Damo3 I agree with you completely. There's quite often more than one way to achieve a desired result. I posted #6 to explain that filters can also be used instead of creating different elevation family types. Neither is a "terrible answer," they will both work just fine. Also, since this is a forum, a post that suggest a solution that only half-works is still better than no suggestions at all. 

Message 17 of 26
SamehM8TCMC

I have the same issue does anyone have a solution, please? 

Message 18 of 26
ToanDN
in reply to: SamehM8TCMC

@SamehM8TCMC wrote:

I have the same issue does anyone have a solution, please? 

If you don't bother to read the provided solutions then start a new thread.

Message 19 of 26

try filter by "workset," name, contains: "enlarged" OR "enlarged elevations"

select callouts and elevations

treyanderson62AEC_0-1658086803288.png

treyanderson62AEC_1-1658086898518.png

Message 20 of 26
SylviaQB
in reply to: ToanDN

Its amazing that this is still happening, same solution for callouts of sections, the filter will hide the entire annotation... but not with elevation. 

Select the interior elevations that you don't want showing on your overall plans, and in the Properties box, set the "Hide at scales coarser than" to less than your plan showing. This will not work for all situations, but it helps.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report