Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display error

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
Anonymous
14175 Views, 11 Replies

Display error

I just installed Revit 2012 Architecture, and when I start a new project, I try to draw walls I get this error "An error has occurred while drawing the contents of this window.  This window shall be closed." and it closes the window to the opening screen.  Why am I getting his error message and how do I make it stop.  I have used 2010 so I am not a new user, but I have not had this problem before. 

Thanks for your help

Lisa

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
rosskirby
in reply to: Anonymous

Could be a video card issue.  Try turning of hardware acceleration in the options and see if that helps.  If so, you may need to either update your drivers, roll back your drivers, or upgrade your video card.  Check the Autodesk website to see if your video card is on the list of "approved" models.

Ross Kirby
Principal
Dynamik Design
www.dynamikdesign.com
Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: rosskirby

Thank  you fo your comment, but I dont exactly understand what it is that you are telling me to do.  Where is the video card, how do I know if it is compatable and where is hardware acceleration?  I have been trying to find where these are and I am completely lost.  Thanks again for your help.

Message 4 of 12
rosskirby

I was referring to the video card in your computer, which controls the display through the monitor, and the drivers for the video card, which are a sort of "operating system" for your video card.

You might want to forward my suggestion to your IT department to see if they can help you.

Ross Kirby
Principal
Dynamik Design
www.dynamikdesign.com
Message 5 of 12
Anonymous

I get this error too... when I try open any project, family or start a new project or family.

There seems to be No way to tell the program not to use hardware accelleration... and not enough detail about the error to diagnose. This thing is useless to me.

Message 6 of 12
rosskirby

Click on the application menu (big R), select Options (bottom right of the menu that drops down), go to the Graphics tab, and uncheck the box next to Use Hardware Acceleration.

Ross Kirby
Principal
Dynamik Design
www.dynamikdesign.com
Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: rosskirby

Thanks... that solved the problem

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous

Hi there, I have this same problem. I have turned off the hardware acceleration it the graphics options tab, but also noticed at the top of the graphics options it has a warning saying my video card has not been tested by revit. So as turning off the hardware acceleration didnt work im guessing my videocard is the wrong type, or there is another problem, so how is it I upgrade my video card, or update my drivers? Any help much appreciated

Emma

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous

Hello,
I have the same problem, but the very strange thing is that before it was working, i just bougth a new computer with envidia quadro 600 suposly certify and recomended by autodesk to use revit. first worked fine so i can use ambien shadows, but one day just stoped... it is very anoying. i reinstalled revit, i downloaded the newest controlers for my card and NOTHING, can anybody help me..??
best!
P.
Message 10 of 12
Anonymous

This has solved my problem, also.

My Graphics Card, NVIDIA GeForce 9400M, is not listed, so hardware acceleration is turned on.

After turning it off, it worked like a charm.

Thank you!

Message 11 of 12
Willjoe2442

If you're having trouble connecting your device to the Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter, try the following solutions in order.
Solution 1: Install the latest updates.
Solution 2: Check your HDMI and USB connections.
Solution 3: Update the adapter's firmware.
Solution 4: Restart the adapter.
Solution 5: Reset the adapter.

Regards,

Will

Message 12 of 12
ToanDN
in reply to: Willjoe2442

Decade old threads are lit today for some reason.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report