Revit API Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit API Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit API topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating a custom Project Browser plugin - Duplicating views

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
791 Views, 2 Replies

Creating a custom Project Browser plugin - Duplicating views

I notice that I am able to duplicate a view (Example 1 attachment) but I want to duplicate multiple views and place in another discipline and subset at one time (eventually extending this further that would allow me to apply a view template to the newly created views).   When I select multiple Views - please note that I'm not given the option to duplicate such (Example 2 attachment)

So the closest sample that I can review to start my own custom Project Browser is Revit 2014 SKD - Samples - AllViews class.  But there is a lot missing in that class that is desired.   Although there is coding to create sheets - there doesn't seem to be coding to create views based on another.   Is that something even possible with Revit 2014 API?

Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

You can. That was one of the nice new features for Revit 2013 and 2014.

You have the command : View.Duplicate()   and you can choose the kind of duplication, ViewDuplicateOption.Duplicate, .WithDetailing or .AsDependent.

Message 3 of 3
jeremytammik
in reply to: Anonymous

Dear Remy,

Thank you very much for your helpful answer.

Dear Stephen,

Thank you for your query.

You could also have a look at the discussion on Language Independent Section View Type Id Retrieval and the previous blog posts that it points to:

http://thebuildingcoder.typepad.com/blog/2013/08/language-independent-view-type-id-retrieval.html

They include Steve Mycynek's all-encompassing AU class CP3133 'Using the Revit Schedule and View APIs' explaining everything else there is to know about the topic of generating views:

http://thebuildingcoder.typepad.com/blog/2012/11/au-classes-on-the-view-mep-and-link-apis.html#2

Please let us know if anything remains unclear.

Best regards,

Jeremy

Jeremy Tammik
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network, ADN Open
The Building Coder

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Rail Community