Did you mean: 

using VB codes like AcadBlock, AcadAttribute, etc

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
917 Views, 1 Reply

using VB codes like AcadBlock, AcadAttribute, etc

Hello all,

I apologize if this post is too vague, i'm pretty new to .NET coding in general, especially with AutoCAD.
I am trying to convert a program which worked using VBA and older versions of AutoCAD into a C# .NET version. Many of the things I am trying to do used codes that I cannot find for the life of me. The old code frequently uses these: AcadBlock, AcadDatabase, AcadAttribute, and a few others in that form. Are those still accessible in .NET, and if so where would I find them at? Otherwise, what can I do with code to make some similar calls?

Thanks for all your help
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
chiefbraincloud
in reply to: Anonymous

Those are in the COM references. See the attached image of the Add Reference dialog in visual studio. The image has the two files needed to use those objects selected (for 2010, other versions similar).

Otherwise, what can I do with code to make some similar calls?

The managed API can be used to do just about anything that the COM API can be used for, but they are different animals, so if you are new to .NET and AutoCAD, I would suggest completing the conversion with COM first.
Dave O.                                                                  Sig-Logos32.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost