Did you mean: 

urgent!!! distribute unsigned dll

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
458 Views, 3 Replies

urgent!!! distribute unsigned dll

Hi all,

I develop a small application and like to distribute to other computers in my office. but whenever i load dll, it will ask me to configure net framework config to make it trust app. however since objectarx library i import is not signed, i cannot even build the project!!!

basically there are a few function which requires privilege security access. like get environment variables, get current directory and read file etc. can anyone tell me how to solve this problem?

Thank you very much

archlight
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

How do you "distribute to other computer"? From
where you load the .NET dll (local HD, or network share)?

When you say "
size=3>get environment variables, get current directory and read file etc.",
if the "get" means read, then they are hardly privileged
security access, while "change" or "modify" may be.

style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
Hi
all, I develop a small application and like to distribute to other computers
in my office. but whenever i load dll, it will ask me to configure net
framework config to make it trust app. however since objectarx library i
import is not signed, i cannot even build the project!!! basically there are a
few function which requires privilege security access. like get environment
variables, get current directory and read file etc. can anyone tell me how to
solve this problem? Thank you very much archlight
Message 3 of 4
chiefbraincloud

In my experience, if the .dll is loaded into AutoCAD from the hard drive of the local machine, then it automatically becomes a trusted app.

If you attempt to locate the .dll on a network, and load it into AutoCAD from there, then you must use the configuration tool in the .NET framework to grant the application the neccessary trust level.

Machines with the Visual Studio Dev environment on them have a GUI tool for configuring the framework, but the client machines don't have that tool, and you have to use a command line version. It is called CasPol.exe (Configure Application Security POLicy)

here is a line that can be edited and placed in a .BAT file, then run on each machine that runs your code.

C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\CasPol.exe -q -machine -addgroup All_Code -url "Put the Full Path and Filename of your App between these quotes" FullTrust -name YOURNAME -description "Your Description"

This example uses the FullTrust Trust level, you should use the lowest trust level that your program needs.

the name and description properties are just strings.
Dave O.                                                                  Sig-Logos32.png
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

Thanks for your help. it is indeed located in network drive for ease of management. I applied your script. it works. many thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report