Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Registered problem with Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
2779 Views, 7 Replies

Registered problem with Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0

Hi to all . . . well I just enconter a problem to read an msaccess file using the system.data.oledb

System.InvalidOperationException: The 'Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0' provider is not registered on the local machine.

at this line

ProfilesCon =

New OleDbConnection("Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=C:\ACAD2002\plans\profiles.mdb")

If I use Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.3.5 is the same error

I'm runing autocad 64 on windows XP but I'm using the inc-win32 libraries since the inc-win64 it create a dll that was not reconice by Autocad (some framework issue I suppose). Also I'm using framework 3.5 for the same problem.

Now, I test that part on an stand along application with no problems. I had google it the problem and in some cases it indicate that if could be the incompatiblility of the data managing in 64 bits application. Any ideas how to solve this problem?

Thank you

Carlos

pd. sorry for my bad english

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
michael_robertson
in reply to: Anonymous

What year version of Autocad and ObjectARX are you running? The 32/64 bit is getting pretty messy when dealing with accessing Excel & Access files, in the past there was not a 64bit version of the Jet restributable. MS just released a new version, information is here: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=C06B8369-60DD-4B64-A44B-84B371EDE16D&displa...

Mike Robertson
FL. Dept. of Transportation
CADD Applications Developer
Message 3 of 8
norman.yuan
in reply to: Anonymous

Jet 4.0 is 32-bit only. You cannot use it with 64-bit AutoCAD.

You need to download and install Micorsoft Access Engine (ACE) 64-bit. Not like Jet engine that comes with Windows OS, ACE is part of Access2007, and after Access2007 release, MS made it free download. You can use it just as you use Jet Engine to read data in *.mdb/*.accdb/*.xml without MS Access/MS Excel installed. Its 64-bit version is only available recently.

However, there is one catch: If the computer have 32-bit MS Access2007/2010 installed, then you cannot install ACE 64-bit. So, if your user is to upgrade MS office to 2010 32-bit (as MS recommends to use 32-bit Office, even the computer is 64-bit).

Norman Yuan

Drive CAD With Code

EESignature

Message 4 of 8

Your catch is why we changed to using the MS OpenXML SDK, that way we can build one dll/exe for both 32 & 64 bit with no dependencies on other software being installed.

Mike Robertson
FL. Dept. of Transportation
CADD Applications Developer
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: michael_robertson

Thank you guys for your quick replies.

Michael, I'm using Autocad 2010 and with a fresh download of ObjectARX 2010 . . . I will try to install the libs that you indicate over the weekend and see how that goes.

Thanks

Carlos

Message 6 of 8
BKSpurgeon
in reply to: norman.yuan

However, there is one catch: If the computer have 32-bit MS Access2007/2010 installed, then you cannot install ACE 64-bit. So, if your user is to upgrade MS office to 2010 32-bit (as MS recommends to use 32-bit Office, even the computer is 64-bit).

Hi Norman I do not follow your last sentence highlighted above.did you mean that users should upgrade to a 64 bit MS office but MS recommends 32 bit even when the computer is 64 bit?

rgds

BK

Message 7 of 8
norman.yuan
in reply to: BKSpurgeon

Oh man, that was somethign talked 5 year's ago. Obviously I typed my reply in rush.

What I was meant is that if the computer has MS office2007 32 bit installed, you cannot install 64-bit MS Access Engine. With MS office 2010 or 2013 32-bit installed, yes, you can have 64-bit MS Access Engine installed and it is rather trick to do it with MS Office 2010, though. The reason to point this out is that most MS Office installation is 32-bit and rarely MS Office 64-bit is used.

Norman Yuan

Drive CAD With Code

EESignature

Message 8 of 8
dgorsman
in reply to: norman.yuan

It should be pointed out that the "recommendation" from Microsoft isn't to not use x32 Office, at least not explicitly.  Thats a very top-level summarization which glosses over some important details.  They point out that not every plug-in is available in x64 so attempting to migrate customization may not be possible, and therefore it may be necessary to stay with x32 or, if the user is feeling lazy (paraphrasing) staying with x32 avoids that particular problem.  As noted it *does* cause other problems.

For what its worth I've done some of the gymnastics trying to get the ACE x64 driver into place with x32 Office 2010 and its not worth the bother.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report