Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

a but- welded pipe route can't be welded?

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
JorisSteurs1246
906 Views, 9 Replies

a but- welded pipe route can't be welded?

Am I correct that a pipe route, even if the components are in the but- welded style, can't be welded?

When I go to the assembly that holds the cmponents of the routed pipe, the " turn into weldment" icon is grayed out.

I realy hope this is not as inteded, because I need to show the weldsymbols in the drawings.

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
cbenner
in reply to: JorisSteurs1246

@JorisSteurs1246 wrote:

Am I correct that a pipe route, even if the components are in the but- welded style, can't be welded?

When I go to the assembly that holds the cmponents of the routed pipe, the " turn into weldment" icon is grayed out.

I realy hope this is not as inteded, because I need to show the weldsymbols in the drawings.

As far as I know that is correct, but you can add the weld symbols manually in all of your drawings.  More work?  I don't know since we don't show them on ours.  You might consider adding this to the Idea Station for future consideration.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Inventor-IdeaStation/idb-p/v1232

Message 3 of 10
blair
in reply to: cbenner

That's how I see it, it would need be converted to a Weldment, which uses different "Styles" than a Tube & Pipe run. Since you can currently only have one Style for a IAM, something would break.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 4 of 10
JorisSteurs1246
in reply to: blair

I could live with the work around that you could take the route and pipe assy and save a copy as a normal assy, turn it into a weldment and replace the original routed one,..... but, this also , again, is not possible.

Also,I need to make a realistic representation in Showcase of a device that has lots of this welded components. Doesn't look good when pipes and elbows are just floating on thin air..

Message 5 of 10
blair

If you have a set gap, perhaps creating a "Weld" ipt for each of the pipe sizes. It would even show up in your BOM as "Filet Wed: 6" Pipe" or what ever you call it. It would fill the gap and show up with your weld detail as it's description. Just a silly thought....

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 6 of 10

Hi!

Just for showcase... Why don't you export your assembly to STEP... open again in inventor and try to apply weld... just an idea.

You will lose the associativity, but you will win some pretty good images Smiley Very Happy

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so, use the  Mark Solutions!  Accept as Solution or Give Kudos!Kudos - Thank you!

CCarreiras

EESignature

Message 7 of 10
blair
in reply to: CCarreiras

Guess one could even try the Derive function, it would still stay linked.

Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous

I have not tried it but couldn't you just take the assembly your working on and put the whole thing into a weldment assembly? That way you can still edit that assembly like normal but when you need to show it on a drawing with welds you can just use the higher up weldment.

Message 9 of 10

That is a good tip Carlos,

But that made me think that I better export only the pipe route to STEP and insert it on top of the original, and than making some LOD settings that can be used in Showcase.

Message 10 of 10
JorisSteurs1246
in reply to: blair

The derive tip was good Blair,

so now it goes from  pipe route > drived part > make componets> assembly> welded assembly

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report