Announcements
Autodesk has retired Inventor Fusion. We recommend our customers to visit the Fusion 360 community for related inquiries.
Inventor Fusion (Read Only)
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copying/arraying items

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
JWPepper
637 Views, 2 Replies

Copying/arraying items

If anyone can assist in telling me the correct procedure in copying/arraying the nozzle stiffners (90 deg's) on the attached screen shot I would be most grateful - I can only create new sketches at the correct plane/position and re-sketch the geometry each time (labourious) there most be a way to copy rotate solids? the other method I tried was creating a rough outline for the stiff then press pull to correct thickness & use assemble to position flush........but nothing I do will making the floating plate shown on the screen shot move using assemble

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
schneik-adsk
in reply to: JWPepper

Try selecting the 5 faces of the rib/stiffener and using radial array?

Or,

delete the current rib and recreate it as a separate body. Then array the body and then boolean it into the main form.

Kevin Schneider
Message 3 of 3
JWPepper
in reply to: schneik-adsk

Thanks, the first method I cannot select all the faces - namely the ones merged into the body only the outer faces

second works, I created new solid and in Boolean made new component which I never saw before.

Cheers

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report