Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Utility License Transfer

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
370 Views, 5 Replies

Utility License Transfer

The License Utility transfer will not allow me to export my license in order to install on my new computer.  When I install on my new computer using the same serial number it says invalid.  HELP!!

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

The software you are transfering is...???
Version number of that software is...???
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

Sorry.  It's Friday. 🙂

Autocad 2014

Message 4 of 6
jessica.t

Hi @Anonymous,

According to our records your AutoCAD 2014 is still covered under your Subscription contract and therefore should be transferable. Are there any further details you can offer on the transfer failure besides the invalid serial number message? Also, there is no record of a license export from our side, are you sure you exported the correct license? Thanks!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: jessica.t

Update.. Autodesk contacted me with a different serial number that I should have been using.  I was able to verify my licesnse on my new computer with that however now I have a verified license on 2 PC's.  My original PC autocad is still running and the serial number I was trying to export is the one that was used to verify my license orginally last year.... I'm wondering if I didn't just activate another license that our company holds including a few networking licesnse.  The original serial number is even still listed on my subscription management page.  Do you know how to go about getting a report of our serial numbers and which serial numbers are for our stand alone/networking?  Thank you!

Message 6 of 6
jessica.t

Hi @Anonymous,

I'm glad to hear you were able to find the correct serial number! If you would like to request a report of all of your licenses please contact our Activation and Registration department:

1.    Visit http://knowledge.autodesk.com/contactus
2.    Select “Activation & Registration” or “License Management”
3.    Select appropriate subtopics from the pull-down menus.
4.    Select “I Still Need Help”  if you need personal assistance.

If you have any other questions please let us know. Thank you!

Jessica Thrasher

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report