Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD Building Design Suite 2013 - Service Packs

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
703 Views, 4 Replies

AutoCAD Building Design Suite 2013 - Service Packs

I'm creating a package for AutoCAD BDS 2013 for deploying using Microsoft's SCCM 2007 onto Windows 7 SP1. For testing I'm using VMware workstations.

I've created the admin image and tested it with no problem, when I've come to add the service package into the admin image and test this, the installation fails and rolls back.

Has anyone else come up with this issue ?

I know I can add extra programs to my package to include the service packs, Ideally I would like to add the Service Packs to the admin image.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
DarrenP
in reply to: Anonymous

read this: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/AutoCAD-2013-Suite-failed-installation-aborted-...

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: DarrenP

I'm very surprised that the AutoCAD suite's cannot be installed from the Admin Image after adding service packs.

If other windows based products can - including MS Office and variouse Adobe products can, then why does AutoCAD products have such issues ?

This is very time consuming.

Message 4 of 5
Dazzman
in reply to: Anonymous

If AutoCAD is set to install the service pack ACA will then fail and roll back the installation it’s a new feature because of the fact that the both share the same acad.exe and it checks this before installing sees that it’s new and fails.

If you think this is bad wait until you get the Net or C++ 2010 x86 issues there is nothing like waiting for 2 hours to install a complete BDSP package only to see it disappear before your eyes.

Well done the Autodesk installation team 4 out of 10!

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Dazzman

Yes I know about the MS VC++ issues. We have another product called MAPINFO by Pitney Bowes. During our recent migration from XP to Winows 7, we found that if AutoCAD and MapInfo are installed in the wrong order, the 2nd applciation fails to install becaused one installs VC++ and the other installs the same VC++ but with SP1!

Not good at all!

Once again I feel we packaging and deployment guys are up against very bad programming!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report