Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Symmetrical stretch problem

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
Anonymous
743 Views, 10 Replies

Symmetrical stretch problem

How do I set this up so when I pick on a grip and enter a length in the distance field, I get what I entered.
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

midpoint based parameter and Dynamic input combination can probably be classified as a bug in it's initial release... i hope it is fixed in 2007.

on separate note.... have you looked at modifying your width parameter to use 'move' for the lines and 'scale' for the arcs only so you don't mess with the overall length based on center to center of the arcs? Tip: use independant basepoints for each arc
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous

The good news is, after a bunch of playing I have gotten it to stay centered and dynamic input working, (not with midpoint)but the length does scale so I'll try your suggestion. Thanks.
The bad news is, I'm using 2007, maybe next time around.

Greg
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous

testin'
wrote in message news:5182459@discussion.autodesk.com...
The good news is, after a bunch of playing I have gotten it to stay centered
and dynamic input working, (not with midpoint)but the length does scale so
I'll try your suggestion. Thanks.
The bad news is, I'm using 2007, maybe next time around.

Greg
Message 5 of 11
kegle

I am trying to create a block with similar functionality to the SLOT.dwg without success. I want the overall dimension of a line to drive the line length while keeping the midpoint constant. The attached file has 3 different attempts, none of which work exactly the way I want. It looks like midpoint function of the linear parameter doesn't work properly even in 2008. Is this true, or I am just not using it correctly?
Message 6 of 11
Anonymous

The easist way around it would be to input the length into the properties not via the dynamic input
Message 7 of 11
kegle

You are right. For my first example, if I set the number of grips = 0 and use the property dialog box to change the length, then I don't' notice that the grip is not visually correct. I will use this method.
However, I haven't been able to find any issue reports that the lineal parameter midpoint function is a bug. This seems like a logical case to use it for, but it doesn't work.
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous

Yeah its pretty obvious that it is and its extremely suprising that they didnt fix it in 08 or even make a patch for it. Which is a pain because its such a useful way to create blocks.

What i usually do is create a linear parameter half the length and just create two stretch actions, one being normal and the other with either a negetive distance multiper or a 180%%D angle offset for the other end a
Message 9 of 11
gvborre

Hi

I've also a problem with the symmetrical stretch.

See .dwg as a attachement.

As you can see this is for instance a rectangular or a square steel beam.

Stretch in the length that is not a problem.

When I stretch in the heigth for instance height = hoogte 150 mm. I measure 180 mm.

How is that possibel?

Kin regards

Vanden Borre Gilbert 

Message 10 of 11
hwalker

@gvborre change the basepoint of the vertical stretch to MIDPOINT. See the image below

hwalker_0-1723629828914.png

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 11 of 11
gvborre

Hi hwalker

That is kind of you.

Yes, that is the solution.

Kind regards

Vanden Borre Gilbert

In attachment you can find the solution.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report