Did you mean: 

Help with stretch/move/array block

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
1725 Views, 3 Replies

Help with stretch/move/array block

I'm hoping someone can help me with this block. I'm sure it's something simple but I can't get it to do what I need it to.

I need this block to do the following:

1. Move the right piece so it ends at 3', 4', & 5'.

2. the move right hook and 'backing' to stetch/copy (or array) so it adds a hook to the right and fills in the backing.

so this means that a 3' gets 4 hooks, 4' gets 5 hooks and 5' gets 6 hooks.

3. the block as shown is the smallest configuration with 3 hooks.

I could just set up a visibility and draw each one at it's appropriate length but I'm trying to keep this simple block to a min size. If all else fails, that's the route I'll take.

I've tried a couple different configurations and I keep getting duplicates or the end piece doesn't move the correct distance. I'm a little stumped. Maybe I'm overthinking it.

HELP! Smiley Sad

the attached is in ACAD 2012

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

This one should do it.

Array everything except the last segment, the last segment you just tie up with a move parameter.

Set the offset column to 10.50 on the array and set an increment on the linear parameter to 10.50 with a minimum distance of 10.50 and it should be good to go.

Edit: Ohh and by the way, don't mind the name of the dwg, there's no wipeouts, I saved over an old file that I had on desktop ^^.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

Thank you. I had the parameter starting at the insertion point - it kept doubling up on the items I wanted to array.

Knew I was overthinking it.

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

Rocket science ain't Rocket science when you know Rocket science ^^

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report