Did you mean: 

Can you match block properties?

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
Anonymous
205 Views, 0 Replies

Can you match block properties?

Good morning.

I wasn't going to post this here because it's not exactly about dynamic blocks, but figured it's probably something so simple someone could answer it quickly.

I was wondering if anyone knew a keyboard command to match one block already created to another of the same symbol that is not in block form.

Here's why I am asking: I plotted my landscape drawing and noticed half the plant material was extremely light, almost invisible. Upon doing some troubleshooting, I noticed that these plants were set up under color 255. Upon some more investigation, I noticed they were only set up on the certain symbols I'd created as blocks in my legend. So I started manually clicking my blocks and under the block editor changing the color to White/Black. Was working perfect until I came to a block that I had exploded in my drawing and cp'd around the drawing. Well I had already reset the block in the legend and I thought I could just highlight all of the matching symbols in the drawing and when I typed Block in the command line, I could just select the name of the revised block (Pitt t).

I am getting the following error message when I do so: "The existing block, "Pitt t", has not been modified. Make a change or select Cancel"

I could just type in a new name for these new blocks, but it seems like extra work since they are exactly the same symbol I had previously blocked and titled "Pitt t" in my legend and that may confuse others who may open the dwg to make changes and such.

Thanks!
Jenni
Las Vegas
0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report