Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Tools in IV2013

24 REPLIES 24
Message 1 of 25
Uziemblo_U
1215 Views, 24 Replies

General Tools in IV2013

Hi to all,

just instaled Inventor Suit 2013,

after installation I run UserTools.msi

from GeneralTools/Bin folder registerd GeneralTolls.dll.

AddIns GeneralTools is loaded

In Add-In tab is not GeneralTool commands (spell, helix).

How to force Inventor to to show this tool

Please Help

uu

My system:

Dell w/ E5405@2 MHz + 14 GB

Windiws XP-64

24 REPLIES 24
Message 2 of 25
YuhanZhang
in reply to: Uziemblo_U

Does you account the admin on the machine? Can you try to change the Ribbon Appearance to see if they can be displayed correctly in other styles?

If this solves the problem please click ACCEPT SOLUTION so other people can find it easily.

Rocky Zhang
Inventor API PD
Manufacturing Solutions
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 25
Uziemblo_U
in reply to: YuhanZhang

Thanks Rocky,

yes I do have Admin account,

all other instalaions went OK,

I switch apperance of ribbon & reset it

attached are error message and new ribbon

uu

Message 4 of 25
YuhanZhang
in reply to: Uziemblo_U

I do reproduce the same problem here, and this happens when you have the DerivedPart_SP also registered which causes the GeneralTools gone. I find the point is that the DerivedPart_SP has a duplicate guid with GeneralTools. To fix this issue, you can modify the DerivedPart_SP project and recompile it:

1. Open the DerivedPart_SP with Visual Studio.

2. Create a guid with guidgen.exe.

3. Open the InventorStandardAddIn.vb, and find the GuidAttribute(Line6), then replace the guid with yours.

4. Open the AssemblyInfo.vb, and find the "Assembly: Guid"(Line19), replace the guid with yours.

5. Rebuild the project.

I also attach the re-compiled DerivedPart_SP.dll that you can use.

You can re-install the UserTools.msi to register the GeneralTools, and then register the newly created DerivedPart_SP.dll.

Sorry for any inconvenience. Please let me if any questions.

If this solves the problem please click ACCEPT SOLUTION so other people can find it easily.

Rocky Zhang
Inventor API PD
Manufacturing Solutions
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 25
Uziemblo_U
in reply to: YuhanZhang

Thanks Rocky,

it works!!

Thanks a lot again

uu

ps drawing tools appers only after Reset Ribon

uu

Message 6 of 25

Hello,

I have the same problem with Inventor 2016 Professional. My ribbon don't show  "Derived Part Scale and Place" into the Addin/General Tools Tab.

I have instaled UserTools and I run Install.bat fro the "DerivedPart_SP" folder inside SDK.

Can anyone help me with this?

Best regards

Danijel

Inventor 2018/Windows 10 x64
If this information was helpful, please consider marking it as an Accepted Solution by using the Accept as Solution. Kudos are also gladly accepted.
Message 7 of 25

Any help?

Regards

Danijel

If this information was helpful, please consider marking it as an Accepted Solution by using the Accept as Solution. Kudos are also gladly accepted.
Message 8 of 25

Hi Danijel,

In Inventor 2016 the Addin Manager will block an addin which is not certificated, this addin is legacy and not signed yet, so you can check the Addin Manager to see if the addin is blocked, if yes you can un-check the Block option and check the Loaded/Unloaded option:

LoadAddin.png

Hope this helps.

Rocky Zhang
Inventor API PD
Manufacturing Solutions
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 9 of 25

Hi Rocky,

I have instaled SDK as you can see on the images below but some UserTools still are not loaded. I think that VB projects need recompiling as you solved from Inventor 2013 to Inventor 2014.

APPMNGR.png

root.png

Regards

Danijel

Message 10 of 25

Hi Danijel,

Does your machine have below file in the folder?

C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v2.0.50727\RegAsm.exe

If not, can you let me have you installed any Visual Studio in the machine? You can also manually register the addin binary using below steps if you have VS in the machine:

1. Launch the command window from VS, like below command:

VSCommand.png

2. In the command enter the folder: C:\Users\Public\Documents\Autodesk\Inventor 2016\SDK\UserTools\DerivedPart_SP\Bin\.

3. Type the command "regasm /codebase DerivedPart_SP.dll".

4. Now check in Inventor if the addin is available.

Hope this helps.

Rocky Zhang
Inventor API PD
Manufacturing Solutions
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 11 of 25

@YuhanZhang wrote:

Hi Danijel,

Does your machine have below file in the folder?

C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v2.0.50727\RegAsm.exe

If not, can you let me have you installed any Visual Studio in the machine? You can also manually register the addin binary using below steps if you have VS in the machine:

1. Launch the command window from VS, like below command:

VSCommand.png

2. In the command enter the folder: C:\Users\Public\Documents\Autodesk\Inventor 2016\SDK\UserTools\DerivedPart_SP\Bin\.

3. Type the command "regasm /codebase DerivedPart_SP.dll".

4. Now check in Inventor if the addin is available.

Hope this helps.

Hello Rocky,

1.I have two netframeworks folders inside C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\. They are v2.0.50727 and v4.0.30319. Both of them have RegAsm.exe. I also have installed VS2010 Express but I don't see any command window inside VS instalation folder.

2. I entered into the  C:\Users\Public\Documents\Autodesk\Inventor 2016\SDK\UserTools\DerivedPart_SP\Bin\ folder

3. I typed regasm /codebase DerivedPart_SP.dll but I have got the answer regasm is not recognized as an internal or external command...

By the way, I am working on the Windows 8 x64 if it is important to know.

Regards

Danijel

Message 12 of 25

Hi Danijel,

Please use below command line:

CommandLine.png

Please let me if this works.

Rocky Zhang
Inventor API PD
Manufacturing Solutions
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 13 of 25

@YuhanZhang wrote:

Hi Danijel,

Please use below command line:

CommandLine.png

Please let me if this works.

I tried using your code but still nothing.

Message 14 of 25

Please type the commands with below steps:

CommandLine.png

Rocky Zhang
Inventor API PD
Manufacturing Solutions
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 15 of 25

Here is what I got.

screen2.png

Regards

Danijel

Message 16 of 25

Hi Danijel,

I could not reproduce the problem here. Did you ever re-compile the project, and if yes, can you check which .Net Framework you set to re-compile the project, if it is .Net Framework 4.0 or higher, you need to use the C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\Regasm.exe to register the .Net binary.

Please let me if this helps.

Rocky Zhang
Inventor API PD
Manufacturing Solutions
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 17 of 25

Hello Rocky,

I have never recompiled any project, but I have also instaled framework v4.0.30319 which I have probably instaled with some software that I am using.

I will try what you suggest.

Thank you veru much.

Danijel

Message 18 of 25

Hello Rocky,

I have tried using cd\ instead c:\ and I am getting something different as the output.

Please take a look.

screenshoot3.png

Regards

Danijel

Message 19 of 25

Hi Danijel,

Have you UAC on? Can you run the cmd.exe in Administrator right to check if it works?

Rocky Zhang
Inventor API PD
Manufacturing Solutions
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 20 of 25

Hello Rocky,

UAC is always set to "never notify" and I always run cmd it as Administrator. I tried with disabling antivirus and running commands again but still the same "error ra0000".

Best regards

Danijel

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report